Hello everyone!

Jannette

Hello! I'm so excited that I'm going to be getting the VSG surgery soon. I'm waiting now for Medicare approval. I had wished to have the duodenal switch but couldn't find a surgeon in Washington that would take Medicare and I don't really have the funds or help to travel to CA to have Dr. Keshishian do the surgery. Anyway, Dr. Mattar at Swedish Weight Loss in Seattle believes I will be able to lose most of my excess weight and that I will be much healthier. I have AFib, congestive heart failure, sleep apnea and mod to severe arthritis, so I am really looking forward to a new life after this surgery. I look forward communication with this group of wonderful people who've experienced these surgeries!:wahoooo::rainbowwelcome:

Welcome!
Dr. Srikanth in your state does the DS and is very well regarded, buy I don't know whether or not he accepts Medicare.

Welcome Jannette

I had my DS surgery under Medicare. IF there is not a surgeon IN state who does a DS who accepts Medicare, they can't keep you IN state and not pay. BT you have to be willing to call every bariatric surgeon IN state and prove it to them.

180down11yrs, who just joined here, was, I believe, a Medicare patient from Seattle.
I was! I've been "mentoring/angel-ing" Jannette on her journey.

First surgeon we went to (his seminar first, then spoke with him afterwards) was Dr. Srikanth.

Your memory serves you well, Diana. I was super-super morbidly obese in 2005, 2006, and part of 2007. Topped the scale at 445, before surgery with Dr. Dennis Smith, in Marrietta, GA! I certainly learned SO MUCH from you, Elizabeth, Peaches, Brok, and so many others - before my surgery. I had lots of time on my hands as a pre-op, so I invested my time on my profile in a place online I've learned we don't discuss here. I became so learned of the DS, I think I could actually understand almost everything on my operative report!

I have been hoping Jannette could find an online group (though my experience back then was online and offline with Dr. Rabkin seminars/Seattle recruiting/educational meetings).

I missed a reunion of a few members last month. (Sad face.)

Thanks for welcoming Jannette, and for having me back.
:)

Hello! I'm so excited that I'm going to be getting the VSG surgery soon. I'm waiting now for Medicare approval. I had wished to have the duodenal switch but couldn't find a surgeon in Washington that would take Medicare and I don't really have the funds or help to travel to CA to have Dr. Keshishian do the surgery. Anyway, Dr. Mattar at Swedish Weight Loss in Seattle believes I will be able to lose most of my excess weight and that I will be much healthier. I have AFib, congestive heart failure, sleep apnea and mod to severe arthritis, so I am really looking forward to a new life after this surgery. I look forward communication with this group of wonderful people who've experienced these surgeries!:wahoooo::rainbowwelcome:
I'm so excited for you! :thumbsup::D:geek::p

Latest posts

Back