Hello Everyone

Thank you Larra for explaining that to me. The apprehension that I am feeling right now is concerning the risks involved. I've been questioning if I am making the right decision. I am not very comfortable discussing my mixed emotions with my family, because I'm sure they will tell me not to go through with the procedure. So, I'm going to read through the forums here and listen to what others who have gone through this have to say. That is one of the reasons why I requested a later surgery date when I became approved. I didn't have these feelings when I had my open rny, I was very excited and couldn't wait until the day. Right now, I'm just not sure.

Thank you Larra for explaining that to me. The apprehension that I am feeling right now is concerning the risks involved. I've been questioning if I am making the right decision. I am not very comfortable discussing my mixed emotions with my family, because I'm sure they will tell me not to go through with the procedure. So, I'm going to read through the forums here and listen to what others who have gone through this have to say. That is one of the reasons why I requested a later surgery date when I became approved. I didn't have these feelings when I had my open rny, I was very excited and couldn't wait until the day. Right now, I'm just not sure.
Being unsure is normal. But at some point, you will need to fish or cut bait (borrowing a saying from my daddy). But only YOU will know when it is time.

What southernlady said! It's ok to be unsure, to have fears, and good to do your research. But at some point a decision needs to be made, and not making a decision is sort of a decision too.
I do think it's harder to go forward with a revision, in general, and harder to be excited when you already had an operation that you were sure was going to be the solution for you and turns out it wasn't.

Welcome YW! Just keep reading and learning. When you see all the super results of the DS it gets you through the feeling and hopefully the apprehension will hopefully fade.

Latest posts

Back