Hello everyone!

Mona

I just got my surgery date. It's June 28th. Wish it was closer but it is what it is. I'm going to have a DS, my surgeon is J. Stephen Scott from Overland Park KS.

Hello and that's exciting! Are you getting the full traditional, 2 anastomoses DS or the modified SADI procedure (a.k.a SIPS or LoopDS)? Now's a great time to check vitamin levels and ensure nutrition is good.

I'm getting the traditional. I have a high risk and a unique case. I had a RNY in 2001 I was very sick, blood sugar couldn't be controlled. So in 2006 a doctor in New York did a reversal. Which I find out now I should have never had it done. Anyway I gained a bunch of weight back so in 2013 I went to a doctor in Omaha NE and tried to get a DS but after opening me up he seen I had too much scar tissue. So he wouldn't do it. I was devastated, which I ended up gaining another 100lbs after that surgery. Well, between 2013 and now I've had mesh put in because of hernias.
So this doctor believes that I have a 99% chance of having a successful surgery! He thinks he may do one surgery for the scar tissue and then 2 days later have the DS done. So I'm a bit afraid to believe it's going to work but I know I need to be all in!!

Mona thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry you have been through so much and your original surgery failed you. I wish you the best of luck. :)

Latest posts

Back