Has anyone dealt witb dr. Clayton frenzel in dfw?

Julanie

He is not anyone i would use but i habe a friend that has started the process with him. I'm worried because when I met with him he got snippy with me when I told him dr. Kim didn't retire he was in trouble for fraud. He then defended Kim and my consult with him with quickly downhill. My friend who went to see him prior had a good experience and liked him but now I'm worried he won't do a true DS and was wondering if anybody else had any problems with him.

I've never heard of him, and I've been active in the DS community for over 12 years. If your friend wants to continue with him (which I don't recommend) she needs to ask very specific questions about whether or not he does the standard of care DS with 2 anastomoses vs the non-standard SADI/SIPS/loop DS. And even if he does the standard DS, how long a common channel he makes, as there are some surgeons doing a very long cc these days, which to some extent defeats the whole point of the operation.
If would be interesting to know if he gets "snippy" when these questions are asked. I would recommend that you refer her here as well, as there is no substitute for direct communication, no matter how helpful you are being. btw I looked at his website and he doesn't list the DS at all, so perhaps your friend is aiming for a different operation (or is being convinced that something else if better or "right" for her).

Yeah we are talking about this...i will discuss more with her. He claims to do it and when i went to see him earlier this week he said he did the ds but that he was positive dr kim did it right and there wouldnt be anything he could do to help since i had already tried the most drastic surgery and failed to lose weight with it.

I'm on this though. Im not letting a friend of mine go through this if i can help it.

He is not anyone i would use but i habe a friend that has started the process with him. I'm worried because when I met with him he got snippy with me when I told him dr. Kim didn't retire he was in trouble for fraud. He then defended Kim and my consult with him with quickly downhill. My friend who went to see him prior had a good experience and liked him but now I'm worried he won't do a true DS and was wondering if anybody else had any problems with him.
Doctors tend to cover for each other. Unfortunately the news about Dr. Kim and fraud made a public newspaper. So while he may have gotten snippy. He was snippy cause you had the nerve to be well informed.

Latest posts

Back