Hair growth

nedsmehlp

I am not losing hair anymore, haven't for about 4 months, but my hair has not grown at all. It stays the same length. Even my bangs, which usually grows fastest, hasn't grown at all. Has anyone had the same experience? Would this be caused by a lack of a certain vitamin?

I haven't posted in quite a while. I have a sweet tooth that won't quit. I am 30 lbs from my goal weight (I was 17 lbs from it a few months ago). I am so ashamed. I HAVE to get back to the basics, but am really struggling.

Hi nedsmehlp! How are you doing with your protein intake? Hair and skin need protein, iron, and a wide variety of nutrients/vitamins. Have you checked your labs recently? How do they look?

Many of us struggle with food choices -- do not be so hard on yourself. Just pick yourself up and keep trying. Eat protein before you allow yourself any carbs. Many of us post our weight on Sunday on the On Track forum as a way to be accountable. You are welcome to post there each week.

My hair thinned out a lot after surgery. It was about 18 months after surgery that it started to grow back. I took longer than I thought and then what others have said. It's growing back, but it's slow. Hang in there. Bioten supposedly helps. I take it. Not sure if it has or not to be honest.

Make sure you are as healthy as possible inside (protein and all other lab levels). Also going shorter helps give the illusion of being thicker. Biotin will help BUT it does not limit itself to just the hair on your head. It will help hair regrowth ALL over your body. All biotin did for me was grow chin hair.

Time is also your friend.

Thanks for the replies. I'm over due for my labs, but I've been in the process of changing dr cause my other dr didn't think that was very important. I'll be getting them done in June. I've been getting around 90 grams of protein a day. I had iron injections in January. I'm faithful with my vitamins. 1800 calcium, 800 magnesium, 25000 vitamin A, 1000 vitamin c, 2 centrum, 50000 vitamin D once a week, 1 baby aspirin, 150 k2, 50 zinc, 2 osteo biflex.

Latest posts

Back