guided imagery

JackieOnLine

Staff member
Since I have been dealing with some hard-core Anxiety and really doing pretty good with it, I think, and the same with insomnia (what a bastard that is) I now feel depression coming back. so, this winter I get to use my Happy Light that I bought for last winter, my first off anti-depressants, and that I was too anxious to use.

Since I've moved to Oregon I have apparently gained 6 pounds!!! sadly, it was eating crap but I'm going to change that.

I've been reading a book called Hardwiring Happiness and even though it's not easy to read (not hard in that it's too technical, just could be written better!) it's got very good suggestions.

I am planning on trying Guided Imagery as explained by Martin Rossman. this is a long video (I'm not even all the way through it the first time) but worth it to anyone with significant anxiety and/or depression in my opinion.

I've done and it works really well. It's helped me get over some stress issues with husband being in a car accident, then again when my mom had her second big stroke and I new it was the beginning of the end.

When I find myself really stress and I want to take my meds, I try this first. Sometimes it works great other times it calms me enough that I only take 1/2 a dose, and sometimes it just gets me calm enough to drive home to take my meds. After doing it for a while it helps even more.

Really hope it works for you.

Seriously.... I can eat a single piece of pie. 1 serving given to me in a restaurant. So, no, my 'serving' is not half a pie. And gain 5 lbs. From a 4 or 5oz serving. Life is just not fair!

I've done and it works really well. It's helped me get over some stress issues with husband being in a car accident, then again when my mom had her second big stroke and I new it was the beginning of the end.

When I find myself really stress and I want to take my meds, I try this first. Sometimes it works great other times it calms me enough that I only take 1/2 a dose, and sometimes it just gets me calm enough to drive home to take my meds. After doing it for a while it helps even more.

Really hope it works for you.

An excellent report, I am glad it works so well for you.

Latest posts

Back