Greece

wonderful, thank you so much for sharing this - I actually got to see Santorini and I think it was the highlight of my life.

Wow, we just came back from Greece, and it looks like we went to many of the same places! In fact, from one of your pics in Santorini, it looks like you were also in the "cave" hotels, just a few hundred feet to the north of us! Where all did you go?

Your pictures are great! We still need to merge all of ours to make a decent album, but I may post a some pics when we do. Thank you for posting these!!

Wow, we just came back from Greece, and it looks like we went to many of the same places! In fact, from one of your pics in Santorini, it looks like you were also in the "cave" hotels, just a few hundred feet to the north of us! Where all did you go?

Your pictures are great! We still need to merge all of ours to make a decent album, but I may post a some pics when we do. Thank you for posting these!!
I now have to officially hate (be envious as hell) you in addition to Whit now. I was secretly cursing her on FB for a few weeks now. :p:D

Seriously I love Europe and want to get back to Italy, Belgium, Greece and Spain if it settles down over there. I would honestly like to live and retire over there somewhere but not sure how to make that happen. A work Visa I would imagine is increasing difficult to come by but I am so disgusted with this place right now and I love the old world charm/simplicity of Europe so I really would like to sell everything get a job waiting tables if nothing else. I am done with pressure and corporate teeth kicking every 2-5 years.

I now have to officially hate (be envious as hell) you in addition to Whit now. I was secretly cursing her on FB for a few weeks now. :p:D

Seriously I love Europe and want to get back to Italy, Belgium, Greece and Spain if it settles down over there. I would honestly like to live and retire over there somewhere but not sure how to make that happen. A work Visa I would imagine is increasing difficult to come by but I am so disgusted with this place right now and I love the old world charm/simplicity of Europe so I really would like to sell everything get a job waiting tables if nothing else. I am done with pressure and corporate teeth kicking every 2-5 years.
Every time we leave the US, we are weighing each place as a possible landing spot. We're also considering doing house swapping as a way to try out different countries for longer stints, like 2-6 months at a time. We encounter more and more people doing the same every year, and there are even some groups that gather in by a pool or on a rooftop garden (must be tough) to work via laptop a few hours a day. The job market is still pretty harsh in all of Greece, so if we landed there, it would likely be to telecommute, but things change. With the great airfares, it's impossible not to check some of these places out.

Great pics! I went to Greece many years ago and visited Santorini, Naxos, Rhodes, and Kos. I would love to go back again, especially to Santorini, and spend weeks or months there.

Latest posts

Back