Good Morning!

marissamast

3X to small in 13 mos. Love my DS
My name is Marissa and thank you for letting me join. I am having my DS surgery on 11/14 and I am excited..nervous...scared...thrilled and numb all in a 2 minute period. LOL. I am glad I will have you all holding my hand through this life changing step.

Hello and welcome. I saw that you are going to Dr. Simper. That was my surgeon too. All will be fine. Congratulations on your surgery date.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Now I need some plain facts. LOL I went to my surgical orientation today and, of course, everything they were telling us was about RNY and NOT DS. I need a list. Please. How much of each of these should I be taking? I know that they all need to be dry supplements, Just how much? and what can I take together? I am post menopausal so I think my multi vitamin should be plenty of iron. Thank you! I am really going to need you guys through this since the surgeons office and the nutritionist are clueless. :sick:
Vitamin A:
Vitamin D:
Vitamin E:
Vitamin K:
Calcium Citrate:
Magnesium:

Start here: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/ and then ONCE you have post-op labs start tweaking.
You CAN get her pre-packs BUT it's actually better to order the bottles and sort your own in a pill sorter (best one for starters is this one: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitamin-confusion.1445/#post-20512

But buying the bottles gives you the option to easily adjust doses, add or leave out things, etc.

Example, I do not take A or E or any B's AT all but I base it on MY lab work. I have to take odd doses of D (50K on M-F and 100K on S&S to keep mine up...some take only one every day and some need more than 100K a day. K, I have to double mine, my husband doesn't take it every day, just 5 days of the week.
I am post menopausal so I think my multi vitamin should be plenty of iron.
I am also post menopausal and my iron STILL tanked...I had to do iron infusions this summer and this was taking the iron in my 3 Kirkland Daily Multi's along with 2 Proferrin ES AND 150 mgs of carbonyl iron every day. So don't count on just your multi.

And it's not just ANY dry...the A has to be a certain kind, beta carotene is worthless to us. And there are others.

Hi Marissa! I'm scheduled to have the second phase of the DS on the 27th (I already have the sleeve gastrectomy) and I think I feel the same as you. Scared, happy, anxious and looking forward to a new thinner future. All simultaneously! Best of luck to you!

Latest posts

Back