Good Morning All

duh_Mom

Thought I'd drop in and say hey. I heard about the group from a FB page and have enjoyed reading everyones posts. It is obvious that folks here care about others and are nonjudgmental. I appreciate that. :) My name is Carol - I am 57 - married, live in Louisville, TN - near the Great Smokey Mountains - with 2 golden retriever and some chihuahuas - had lap band 5.5 years ago saw a new surgeon this week - Dr. Boyce about a revision to DS. Scared shiteless about it really. I am going to do it, I know I am, I just want to learn everything I can so my eyes are wide open. I am a nurse so that doesn't help, been away from the bedside 18 years - playing with computers instead(data geek). The family is concerned for me but hell, my life the last several years has been couch sitting, desk sitting, sitting, sitting, sitting. My 91 yo MIL can out walk me - it is shameful. So, I'll reach out with questions - like a 2 year old...why??? Can't say I am excited, but am beginning to feel hopeful. maybe just a little bit.

Hi and WELCOME! You definitely came to the right place!! SO much info here and smart people. Read everything you can and then some, Good luck to you!!

There's a plethora of information on this site and if there's anything that you want to know and cant find out from post there are some vetts who know this DS stuff forward and backward and probably could respond to questions in their sleep.

:welcome: @duh_Mom

I think you followed the breadcrumb trail from one of my posts! I am a virgin DS with Boyce...so I can not speak for the revision part BUT I can on his aftercare/vitamin advice etc (it's horrendous). But Boyce is an excellent cutter.

I know @Spiky Bugger is a lap band to DS revision (not a Boyce patient tho) altho as long as *I've* known her she's just been a DS'er! She can help with the revision questions.

ryones posts. It is obvious that folks here care about others and are nonjudgmental. I appreciate that. :) My name is Carol - I am 57 - married, live in Louisville, TN - near the Great Sm

Sorry. I screwed up! Barbara

Last edited:
Hi@duh_mom. As you can see by the mistaken reply I just made I too am fairly new even though it says "well known member". I just talk a lot. I just turned 58 yesterday. Saw the surgeon on Friday who said he'd do my surgery. Very excited but understand the trepidation. It's a big deal. I am r y n to DS. You will find so much information on this site. Everyone is willing. Read and ask. You'll do great!

Latest posts

Back