Getting this crap band out while waiting for

Amey

My insurance has denied a DS twice but approved my Lap Band removal both times. I am going to fight like by hell for the DS.... BUT I'm tired of being in pain and throwing up and the GERD and my Barretts Esophagus getting worse every day. Today I tripped at work and fell in my desk where my port is and it hurt so bad I thought I broke a rib. So.... I have decided to have my band removed. Surgery on the 25th of this month with Dr Lisa Medvetz in Blackfoot, ID. She wanted to do it this Thursday but I have work committments next week and my son's 18th birthday the next week. I know the ideal thing is to do both surgeries at once. But both the surgeon and I feel there is so much stomach and esophagus damage that I need the time to heal while waiting for the DS appeals. @DianaCox and @Larra are keeping me and they are truly God-sent angels!! I know this is the best choice for me. I need to be healthy in every way possible for the DS. I'm hoping you will all support me in this even though it's not the normal route. I'm just tired of being in pain and I know the damage is getting worse with time. Thanks for your support.

Amey, I winced when I read about you falling on that port... mine is really sore and I couldn't imagine... ugh!! Glad you're getting that band removed - it's really sad how the band turned out to be such a bad thing for some of us. You got the big guns on your side but I wanted to offer my support as well - we don't all make the journey in the exact same way. Hang in there!

Thanks @BebeZed... It feels good that someone understands. I'm sitting in my recliner with an ice pack on my side trying to convince myself to get in the shower and go to bed... But that means walking upstairs and moving UGH!! Thanks for the empathy!!

That stinks that you are having such horrible issues making you feel so bad and that it is forcing you to have it removed now. Best of luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

I can't even imagine how that hurt, Amey. While two surgeries is not ideal, there is something to be said for getting the crapband out and healing while you fight for your DS.

It's unfortunate you'll have to go through two separate procedures but you're taking steps in the right direction and being proactive about your health. That's got to feel good! Congrats and good luck, Amey!

Amey, I really do think you are making a good decision, given the options available to you. Get that thing out and feel better.

@Amey I believe I would do the same thing in your shoes. Let your guys heal up after the crapper is out, and who knows, maybe in the future that &%#^( insurance will eventually approve the DS since it won't really be a revision.

Thank you everyone for all the support. I'm scared and relieved all at the same time. I'm so glad I found this place!!

Latest posts

Back