Getting the Word Out

There are 3 FB forums I posted this to...two I admin so pinning it was easy, the other I asked an admin to pin it, she did.

I'm trying to get the word to those on proboards but my efforts are severely hampered there to just those I have been in contact with before.

Haven't tried at OH yet. Have to be careful there too as to how it's done.

On OH, you will have to be careful - you can't POST the link or anything that looks like a suggestion sending their members elsewhere, and must not use the link in a PM - I am quite sure they are using software that scans PMs (yes they do!) for links to competitor sites and POOFS the PMs. They almost certainly did that for the proboards site when it went up.

On the FB site for this site (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bariatric-Facts/1451657175056338) there is a menu on the right that suggests "Invite Your Friends to Like This Page" - that is how you can send messages to your friends easily - though it will just bring them to the FB page for this site, so you may wish to contact them individually with your own personalized invitation.

You should also know that the principals here and at least some of the early adopters apparently have had their ability to send PMs shut off on Proboards. Yes, really.

Paranoia strikes deep.

You should also know that the principals here and at least some of the early adopters apparently have had their ability to send PMs shut off on Proboards. Yes, really.

oh, boy.

I'm glad you brought this up, Dana, I was wondering what we could do. First I'm going to get some content on the VSG forum, though. then I'll try to come up with stuff.

I'm just checking out the facebook page - huh, it says Liz invited me to like it but I never got a notification about that.

Last edited:
oh, boy.

I'm glad you brought this up, Dana, I was wondering what we could do. First I'm going to get some content on the VSG forum, though. then I'll try to come up with stuff.

I'm just checking out the facebook page - huh, it says Liz invited me to like it but I never got a notification about that.
That's odd...who knows what FB decides to deliver and not deliver...

I just made an avatar for my Facebook page (my alias for the part of my life that is WLS-related). I went over to one of those generate-your-own-meme sites and typed in "Bariatric Facts.com". It might be fun to have a thread about memes. Y U No on Bariatric Facts? If this is not ok, lmk please.

Attachments

• BF.jpg
    BF.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back