Getting in shape

jennyferraynor

Hey everyone,

Need some advise, tips, or info. I have started walking but have limited time so want to develop a workout Routine that I can do at home in the morning or evening which I can keep on top of. Looking to lose weight and tone.

Thanks in advance.

I like light weights but have not been doing much recently. In the summer I kayak, a lot, once a day and that's enough for upper body tone,

Try something that does not require equipment or special clothes, here's a few to get started:

Leg lifts.. lie on your back, lift the legs about 6 inches, spread them, bring them back, and lower to the floor.. good for your belly

Side leg lift.. lie on your side, lift the upper leg, lower it, repeat on the other side... good for the side torso muscles

Squats., stand in front of a bureau, do a deep knee bend, balance yourself with hands if needed...good for the thighs

Lunges.. stand feet together, lunge forward on one leg, and bend the forward knee, then come back to standing position. Do in front of a bureau and steady yourself with a light touch if needed, first one leg then the other... good for thighs

Google "body weight exercises" and you'll find many

Google HIIT and read about it. You can do a lot more in less time and metabolic effects continue after the exercise ends. But it is not for everyone.

Latest posts

Back