Getting an Iron Infusion covered through Kaiser

Aftermath

Hi there,

has anyone had their iron infusion cover by their insurance (specifically Kaiser)? The doctor in Bariatrics that I spoke with recommends that I have an infusion done but I have no idea what to expect cost wise.

I have a $7800 out of pocket maximum which has not been met yet.

any idea what an Infed infusion costs?

It may depend on what coverage plan you have. Call Member Services and see if hey can tell you the cost for you.

I know nothing re Kaiser...but in my case, I think it helped that my doctors said that my body could did not absorb an appreciable amount of iron via my stomach...so no amount of oral supplementation would help.

Also, there are iron injections, but they tend to be more painful and cause scarring (that CAN happen w/infusions, but I’ve not seen it) and intramuscular bleeding…so even though an injection is usually cheaper and faster, they are not always an oncologist’s first choice.

Also, there are iron injections, but they tend to be more painful and cause scarring (that CAN happen w/infusions, but I’ve not seen it) and intramuscular bleeding…so even though an injection is usually cheaper and faster, they are not always an oncologist’s first choice.
Injections are typically covered by the drug plan. The infusions are covered under part B if on Medicare.

Latest posts

Back