geting ready for weight loss surgery

Hi there, what surgery are you having? Who is your surgeon?

In general, I’d say that you will feel overwhelmed but it’s a small blip on the radar. Thr surgery itself is a fairly routine procedure for most people. Your surgeon has likely done a lot of surgeries and knows what to expect.

I would say to look beyond your surgery and focus your mental energy on what happens afterwards and what your plans are for being successful. Having WLS is never an easy decision and it’s a lot of long-term work but it’s very worth it.

Hi there, what surgery are you having? Who is your surgeon?

In general, I’d say that you will feel overwhelmed but it’s a small blip on the radar. Thr surgery itself is a fairly routine procedure for most people. Your surgeon has likely done a lot of surgeries and knows what to expect.

I would say to look beyond your surgery and focus your mental energy on what happens afterwards and what your plans are for being successful. Having WLS is never an easy decision and it’s a lot of long-term work but it’s very worth it.
I’m afraid there’s nothing I can say that will take your nerves away! I can tell you how happy and thrilled for you to get this tremendous opportunity for a new and improved life! I don't know what procedure you’re having. If it’s DS or sleeve alone you’ll do fine. You might have a day or two where you’ll wonder what in the world you’ve done. Just keep sipping water and taking short walks and you’ll be good. We’re here to answer questions and quell your fears. Where is your surg being done? Forgive me if you’ve already shared that? Check in when you can and let us know how things go. Do you have any specific areas you're especially nervous about. If so, someone might be able to address them.

Susan

Hi Wintergetsheathly - Congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming procedure. I recommend getting a water bottle, chapstick, tissues, eyemask, ear plugs, and wet wipes for bedside table. It's completely normal to be nervous. The best advice I can give is that anytime anxiety strikes to think of the future healthier you and the risks of NOT having surgery. Please make sure to stay hydrated afterward, it will make recovery much easier. Are you getting a sleeve or full DS?

I'm have my surgery Friday is there anymore last advice you can give to feel less nervous
you just have to accept the anxiety - it's normal and there is no point in fighting it.

congratulations and best of luck, we will be pulling for you and look forward to hear you are on the other side.

Latest posts

Back