Gaze upon my genius! ...maybe

Note: again, I'm on my phone which really doesn't like this site. Grammar mistakes can be blamed on poor auto correct (yes...yes that's the reason)

So I was on my way to the doctor for my back when a thought struck me. So I have my skin flaps, we all do, but I dont have rashes despite my best efforts so I knew insurance would give me the middle finger. But as I was driving and thinking about this, I realized that when I exervise6, especially Insanity with all the jumping, the skin really hurts. Like trying trying ok run braless.

So I brought this up to my primary and he thought I had at least a small case. If I'm uncomfortable exercising, I won't be able to maintain my healthy weight that insurance already coughed up so much money for. So he gave me a referral to a cosmetic surgeon whom i saw yesterday.

I'll start out with how she blew her load (is that an okay thing to say) over my sweet hour glass figure and tight abs. That made my day. She also thinks my weak argument may be enough for lower roll removal (can't spell the word so I wont try). She said the top roll would be cosmetic. If insurance doesn't pay anything, the torso will be $11k. With just the cosmetic portion, only $4k! That's doable! And I'm not even struggling with fatty rash!

I'll know in about a month and I'll try (but probably forget) to keep you guys posted. Perhaps if exercise is enough of an argument for me, it'll work for you. Especially since you dont really even need visual evidence....

1–stop calling it “cosmetic” surgery. You want RECONSTRUCTIVE PLASTIC SURGERY or something more medical.

2– my panniculectomy was done at the VA, where they don’t do cosmetic stuff. They did the abdominal muscle plication and added the pannculectomy in a “what the hell, we’re gonna be in there anyway” kind of approach.

3–the rash, aka intertrigo, can develop quickly (and unintentionally) a number of ways. Obesity can cause it, but so can other things. I was talking about it to my VA Dermatologist last week. He said that when he had prostate surgery, he had to wear Depends post-op and developed it right away. (I live on the cusp of all kinds of fungal/yeast infections. All I need is an antibiotic or too many sugary foods, or sweaty underboobs...ANYTHING that provides a home for the damned thing.)
https://www.healthline.com/health/intertrigo

Last edited:
I am very worried about the pain. I hear it's much worse than the DS was.

I only call it cosmetic because that's how it's labeled by insurance. Anytime I talk about it outside of that, I call it reconstructive. Or just "skin removal"

My understanding is that Part F - which has higher monthly payments than part G by $500 - $800 per year - has exactly the same coverage except for the yearly $185 deductible.
I have part G and that is true - same coverage as part F except I pay the $185 deductible.

Latest posts

Back