Gastric Band to Successful Sleeve Revision

TeddyTexas

Hi! I have just completed three years of having a gastric sleeve. Originally I had a band, but I developed a side effect called dysphagia (difficulty swallowing). When it got to the point that I had difficulty with even soft slider foods, I went back to my surgeon, Dr. David Kim in Colleyville Texas. He was very assuring that there was nothing wrong with my band, but I just unfortunately was one of the few people who develop this side effect. We spoke about a revision to a gastric sleeve and he told me that after the surgery I would not be experiencing dysphagia anymore. I was very pleased with the results of the gastric sleeve surgery. Dr. Kim was correct and I have not experienced dysphagia since my revision. I was so glad that I went ahead and had the revision, my life has been a lot easier to manage with the sleeve then with the band. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask, and I will do my best to provide answers.

Howdy :). That dysphagia issue is a scarily frequent occurrence for bandsters. Glad you seem to be well on your way to DONE with it.

hello Teddy!

images

Latest posts

Back