FREE (in most cases.). GET YOURS NOW!

Got mine at Walgrens... for every flu shot you get they provide one free to a developing country... not really sure of the details, but sounded good to me

I also got a pneumonia shot at the same time, that one cost me $64. Pneumonia is a complication you'd like to avoid if you can. Gezzers only, and babes, recommended for newborns and those over 65. Risk is low, my understanding is the antigens are surface sugars from the ~10 most likley bugs that cause pneumonia ( bacteria, virus and fungi are all vectors.)

Comes in pairs, there is a second shot you get a year later

Dad is still in the hospital, probably will get out tomorrow, or Monday.

His 7 mm kidney stone is apparently jammed into the top of the ureter, and blocking the flow of urine. Between the infection and damage/swelling of the kidney, the urologist doesn’t want to laser the stone yet, so he put in a temporary stent first to let the kidney calm down and for the infection to clear up.

Dad is weak and mentally confused. I hope everything clears up soon.

Dad is still in the hospital, probably will get out tomorrow, or Monday.

His 7 mm kidney stone is apparently jammed into the top of the ureter, and blocking the flow of urine. Between the infection and damage/swelling of the kidney, the urologist doesn’t want to laser the stone yet, so he put in a temporary stent first to let the kidney calm down and for the infection to clear up.

Dad is weak and mentally confused. I hope everything clears up soon.

Once the infection clears, the confusion should diminish as well, right? My mother’s confusion, agitation, etc were big clues that she had a UTI and was going septic. We’d be talking on the phone and, as she made less sense and became more difficult, my tone of voice would reflect my frustration. Then MrSue, noticing my distress, would be the first to diagnose the problem and ask, “Time for Grandma to pee in a bottle?” Unfortunately, she didn’t experience—or was unable to remember to mention—any of the usual painful UTI symptoms.

Yup, he got wobbly and confused. We did two courses of Cipro but he was getting worse. VA home nurse did blood draw on Tuesday and results on Wednesday AM were WBC was 33+K. So off to the ER.
Coming home with a stent today, laser lithotripsy soon.

Yup, he got wobbly and confused. We did two courses of Cipro but he was getting worse. VA home nurse did blood draw on Tuesday and results on Wednesday AM were WBC was 33+K. So off to the ER.
Coming home with a stent today, laser lithotripsy soon.
Swinging chickens your way.

And despite a stern admonition to call for help and a motion sensor alarm next to the bed, he’s already gotten out of bed by himself twice to go to the bathroom. :mad::mad:
if he'd use a urinal put where he could reach it, it might keep him from getting up.
I understand the need for him to stay in bed unless he has help but I understand the mental of not wanting to bother anyone. And peeing in a urinal (or in my case, the bed pan)is against all my instincts of not wanting to pee while in the bed.
Thats a hard one to deal with.

We got this one - put the wide-angle motion detector sensor just under the bed where he feet go - but he’s quick!

Yesterday morning, while still in bed, for reasons he can’t explain, he decided to just pee in the Depends he always wears, which are mostly for #2 accidents, and then didn’t say anything. The sheets and mattress pad and PJs had to be washed. And now he’s really bummed about things. He doesn’t remember he was in the hospital.

Looks great! The pager feature seems fantastic.

A few years ago I bought a driveway motion detector for my Dad for a similar use. It was successful, but didn't have a pager and was very loud - which was necessary because it was to deal with middle of the night wandering and we needed it to wake Mom, who is near deaf when sleeping without her hearing aids.

Now, Dad's in memory care, but in case Mom he runs into distress, we have push-to-talk intercom "relays" around her apartment that reach us immediately where-ever we are. Basically, they're walkie-talkies that use the mobile phone network. They also have a GPS because they're designed to connect parents with kids who walk to school on their own, but are too young for a mobile phone. We originally got them for when Liam was in hospital - so he could reach us as easily as he could reach a nurse using a call button. He wore his on his wrist when in ICU and was able to let me know STAT when he needed anything. Thought I'd mention as these might be handy for someone else - good for a senior in assisted living/ nursing home / hospital to immediately reach family, for example.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yesterday morning, while still in bed, for reasons he can’t explain, he decided to just pee in the Depends he always wears, which are mostly for #2 accidents, and then didn’t say anything. The sheets and mattress pad and PJs had to be washed. And now he’s really bummed about things. He doesn’t remember he was in the hospital.

Sorry about the accident and more so, that he's bummed. Hope he feels better soon.

These are fantastic for preparing for adult accidents: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WY7T57/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back