FREE (in most cases.). GET YOURS NOW!

Spiky Bugger

It’s influenza immunization time! This is NOT the year to have to deal with the flu! If you get really sick, you might end up in a hospital, surrounded by possible COVID-19 patients.

You can get the “flu shot” most anywhere. I called a pharmacy we don’t use, RiteAid, and asked when were their slowest times. She said they were slowest on Sunday afternoons, around 3:00 or 4:00. But I forgot, until about 5:00. We rushed over, got shot, drove through Carl’s Junior, and came right home.

My upper left arm is sore, swollen and quite warm.

Pay attention here: if you are going to respond with something like “my last flu shot gave me the flu,“ please include your home address, so I can drop by and slap some sense into you. Yes. Maybe you got the flu after your last flu shot. But the two are UNRELATED! No “cause and effect” here folks, just move along.

My shoulder (upper arm) still hurts.

I’ll probably get mine at CVS. Since Charles is having surgery for his kidney stone on the 21st, we are gonna request he get it as part of his hospital discharge. I did that in 2013 when I had back surgery.

Sorry it still hurts. Maybe some Tylenol?
Thanks, Liz. But there is tylenol in my opioid and I already take that four times a day, so this is pain that breaks through over the pain meds I’m already on.

i always forget that part.
Them: “On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being worst, how painful is it?”
What I say: Uhm, a 4, I guess.
What I should say: It’s a 4, and I took my, last 10mg oxycodone two hours ago. So, in spite of being on a substantial pain reliever, there is still some pain.

Thanks, Liz. But there is tylenol in my opioid and I already take that four times a day, so this is pain that breaks through over the pain meds I’m already on.
Didn’t realize that. Pain, esp chronic pain, is one of the hardest to deal with. I’ve learned that I have to separate the pain so I can give an accurate number when I discuss a specific problem.

I'm tempted to post my address just to see if Spiky will come and slap me. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't be home because I would be out slapping others.

It’s influenza immunization time! This is NOT the year to have to deal with the flu! If you get really sick, you might end up in a hospital, surrounded by possible COVID-19 patients.

You can get the “flu shot” most anywhere. I called a pharmacy we don’t use, RiteAid, and asked when were their slowest times. She said they were slowest on Sunday afternoons, around 3:00 or 4:00. But I forgot, until about 5:00. We rushed over, got shot, drove through Carl’s Junior, and came right home.

My upper left arm is sore, swollen and quite warm.

Pay attention here: if you are going to respond with something like “my last flu shot gave me the flu,“ please include your home address, so I can drop by and slap some sense into you. Yes. Maybe you got the flu after your last flu shot. But the two are UNRELATED! No “cause and effect” here folks, just move along.

My shoulder (upper arm) still hurts.
If anyone actually makes this stupid claim and posts their address I volunteer to join you and smack the taste buds right outta their mouth.

Dad is in the hospital with what is probably a kidney infection (he already sounds 150% better after a few hours of IV antibiotics. During his admission yesterday, they offered to give him his flu shot and anything else he might need - I was very smug in reporting he was already up to date on all vaccinations. And me too.

The Covid vaccination? Not gonna touch it until the Biden administration reviews it.

Dad is in the hospital with what is probably a kidney infection (he already sounds 150% better after a few hours of IV antibiotics. During his admission yesterday, they offered to give him his flu shot and anything else he might need - I was very smug in reporting he was already up to date on all vaccinations. And me too.

The Covid vaccination? Not gonna touch it until the Biden administration reviews it.

Sorry to hear your dad has an infection - but happy to read the antibiotics seem to be working well.

I'll take any COVID vaccine Dr. Fauci or my own personal medical team recommends.

Latest posts

Back