Four-ish month check in

Ainu

Hello everyone, just doing a quick check in. I wanted to do one once a month but that didn't fly. I'm not really surprised though. My procrastination is legendary.

Anyway, I'm going to say this, I think I got the Golden egg when it came to this surgery. I feel great. I feel more then normal. I poop once in the morning, around 30-60 minutes of waking up and I'm good. And it's solid, almost normal.

Just got most of my first labs back and everything except b12 was nicely in range. I haven't even been overly anal about my pills.

I started the year out at 310 and I'm not 245. That said, I am extremely disappointed with how slowly things have been going this last two months. I've been lifting weights at the gym and I'm hoping it's muscle gain but it's still very disappointing. I do take my tape measurements and they're going down so I try and focus on that. I've added HIIT on the arc trainer to try and get some day burning done.

Soon after surgery had was horrible I'm sure you guys know. At this point, I can eat whatever my little heart desires and my butt is fine with it. I'll occasionally get some gas, but not in the volume as before.

Oddly enough, I seem to lose weight when I eat whatever vs when I eat strict low carb. I still cycle with that though since I think it's helping keep things going in the correct direction.

There are so many little things now. Tylenol is all I need for my back pain.
I've shrunk into clothes I didn't know I had. None of my work clothes for anymore. And now the seatbelts on all of the busses fit without me having to put the shoulder belt behind my back. No more getting upset at the "low numbered" busses or wondering if it's one of the ones with new belts.

I can look at myself in the mirror and not be horrified. I still have 100 pounds to lose but it's getting there.

Ove big problem is now that I feel better about myself I want to hang out with friends... But I've been a recluse for so long...I don't really have any. Googling "how to make friends as an adult" really is just sad.

Anyway, for those of you struggling or wondering if the surgery is right for you, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. You're life won't be over, it'll be renewed.

Good going.

You say your B12 is out of range? High, low? What was the level with the lab range for reference.

Mine stays above 2000 with no B12 supplementation. But it’s been high all my life...over 30 years, long before my DS.

Good going.

You say your B12 is out of range? High, low? What was the level with the lab range for reference.

Mine stays above 2000 with no B12 supplementation. But it’s been high all my life...over 30 years, long before my DS.
It was high. Over 2000. I had been supplementing and they had given me the shot a few weeks before. I did wish they'd wait until after the blood work but I didn't realize the blood work was so early until after the fact. Next time I'll ask them to wait. I am still waiting for calcium and I think magnesium. My k1 was in range but low end. I supplement with k2 though so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

It was high. Over 2000. I had been supplementing and they had given me the shot a few weeks before. I did wish they'd wait until after the blood work but I didn't realize the blood work was so early until after the fact. Next time I'll ask them to wait. I am still waiting for calcium and I think magnesium. My k1 was in range but low end. I supplement with k2 though so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.
Sounds like it’s temporarily high. Wait to see where it is in 3 months before lowering the amount.

If B12 (and other B's) are high check all of your beverages/protein bars for added vit/mins. That may be the culprit if you are not taking additional Bs. When I backed off "complete" (i.e. vit/min supplements added) protein drinks/bars my B12 went back to normal in a few months.

Re: K. You need dry K1 if you are not already taking that. This is what most DSers take: Biotech K1 from Amazon

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I thought k2 was absorbed better by the body . That's why I chose it instead .

K1 and K2 are completely different supplements. You need the dry K1 I showed you in the link. Start with 1000mg of K daily and adjust according to labs. K1 regulates blood clotting.

K2 (also called MK-7) helps to move calcium into the bones. Not all DSers supplement K2. Many calcium supplements (such as Bone Up) contain K2 already. Some people may add a little more MK-7 to their diet even if taking Bone Up.

What is Vitamin K? Do I need both K1 and K2?

Ingredients of Bone up Three per day

Huh. I didn't realize. That's good to know. I'm lucky my k1 was in range at all

Some people have to take large doses of K1 but mine has stayed okay with 1000mg daily.

Congratulations on all of the exciting life changes! Go out and have some fun by following your personal interests and you will meet new people.

Huh. I didn't realize. That's good to know. I'm lucky my k1 was in range at all
Not everyone needs vitamin K1. As long as it’s in the middle to higher side, you might not need to supplement. But always watch current levels and trends of all your labs.

Ainu thanks for the update. I'm so happy for your sizable loss and that you are feeling well. Best way I've found to make friends is through a shared interest or cause. :) All the best!

K1 was definitely on the low side of in range. I ordered the dry k1 from Amazon. Apparently my D was also astronomical so I'm cutting that to the 50k iu per week and see if it's fine with that. It's good to know I can cut the cost of some of this down.

Oh! I bought my wedding dress on Sunday! An 18 for perfectly and they're holding that one and also ordering me a 16 that I'm hoping to shrink into. They can be altered up to two sizes so I can even go down to a 12 if I need to! I'm sobexciso to fit into "normal" sized. I still feel like a sausage jammed in there but yay! They had sizes that fit me!

Apparently my D was also astronomical so I'm cutting that to the 50k iu per week and see if it's fine with that. It's good to know I can cut the cost of some of this down.
What is astronomical WITH lab range? What is your PTH with range?

Mine was 157 with a range of 30-100 and I haven't bothered to cut back as my PTH is still higher than I want.

Latest posts

Back