Finally, some photos

OldBroad

I posted a couple of before pictures (one from last year, with @DianaCox, our brother, Eric, and my husband Duncan). Also posted a "during" picture, taken today. Still a ways to go, but alot of progress made in the six months since surgery.

I feel pretty good. I certainly don't mind eating bacon and eggs for breakfast most mornings. I miss my sweets, but not so much that I obsess about them.

My emotional state is weird. I don't think I ever really copped to the last 80 lbs or so I gained. I was always shocked by pictures of myself ("I can't possibly be that fat!") So, my body image right now is congruent with my shape. The downside of that is that I haven't had any "wow, I look great" moments. I just look like I erroneously believed I looked all along. Hey, I just invented a name for my syndrome of thinking I looked better than I did: "body eumorphia".

I can tell you are Diana's sister just from the writing. Yes there is a big difference. Love body eumorphia! Congratulations!

I hear you on that -- in my mind I'm a gangly 115# (and 40 years younger), even in my dreams at night. Reality is a bitch.

You look great! :) You have an amazing smile in all of the shots. Looks like fun!

Fantastic progress! I have the same issue with pictures - just never internally owned being as big as I was, so pics now look "normal" to me. Love your newly-coined term for it.

I also didn't believe I was as big as I was. Only the numbers on the scale convinced me (and the need for new underwear).
(I wish there was a photo editor so I could make the big giant pix smaller .. hint hint.)
Dsc00500-1.jpg
Sundress_zpsgrx9vebz.jpg

The straw that broke the Camel's back when coupled with an A1C of 9.5 (My youngest Collin 19, Dianna my wife and Cameron 21 and my fat ass):
462233_3018371947883_1734488872_o.jpg

Us now (I was 180 185 in that picture before I started plummeting again) - Niece Haleigh's wedding and her husband Nick - Yeah my wife is hot. :D
10941903_833492136710680_5613343080809356711_n.jpg

Fantastic progress! I have the same issue with pictures - just never internally owned being as big as I was, so pics now look "normal" to me. Love your newly-coined term for it.
You look great Dianna

and I hear you on the editor to shrink large pics like the ones I just pulled from my FB uploads.

wow, @OldBroad you look great! and @DianaCox and @DSRIGGS you guys are rocking it too! thank you for sharing pics. @OldBroad i like that you call it during pics and not after - cuz like you said, you are still at it. I have not posted any pics yet, and think that 6 months might be a good time to do that.
This week in particular it seems I have been trying to figure out what size I am. I try not to look at people and wonder am I that size? it will kinda make me crazy. I never say myself as big as I was at 300 either but I am blessed that I can look at pics now and definitely see the weight loss.

You have made wonderful progress!

I also relate with the true size denial and mentally matching to a lower weight on the way back down the scale. I thought it may be because last 100 lbs or so I put on somewhat rapidly, but I dunno. Maybe just a way to protect ones self mentally.

Everyones pre and post pics look so nice, and it reminds me I should bother to get something together some day, but I'm always dressed like a bum (or, a landlord that does the shitwork their owndamnself). Someday soon.

Latest posts

Back