Feeling Defeated

Tabitha

I fricken GAINED half a lb this morning. I am getting in my protein, and drinking water. I walk at least half a mile on my treadmill everyday. What the heck is going on. I know plateaus happen, but gaining?! My menu yesterday:
5 slices turkey breast with cheese stick dipped in onion cream cheese 18g protein
Coffee 0g protein
Syntrax nectar protein drink 23g
Greek yogurt, with sugar free jam, and a splash of heavy cream 23g...
5 slices turkey with cheese dipped in mayo 18g
1/2 C hummus with pepper strips 8g

Total protein: 90g (I am 2 months post-op)
Water 60 oz.

I have been at the same weight now for 10 days, and now I gained. I do not eat carbs. WHAT THE HELL!
Someone mentioned in another group ketosis, yet some think it is a good thing and others bad. What is your experience?

Water. You will go up and down and stay put. Just keep on what you are doing and you will see progress. I would suggest staying off the scale for a while.

I know it is frustrating but you are eating appropriately and the scale will move. Focus on the stuff you can control eating properly,staying hydrated, getting exercise, and taking your vitamins.

Some people lose a little everyday some people stair step the weight off . You do not get to control that. Keep your head in the game.

MsVee

Put the scale away, if you are working your plan you will lose weight. It's part of the process and being a woman we tend to deal with ups and downs of water weight gain. Breathe, I promise you this is temporary.

You are going to be just fine. Your weight is going to do all kind of frustrating things. Please put the scale away. Your surgery is not broke. We are all used to the feeling of defete "let me beat the hell or of myself because yet again I have failed another diet". Well diets don't work but the ds does. You are eating right. It will come off.

Your weight will fluctuate on an ongoing basis and you are simply not allowed (who said? I did) to stress over a half-pound. That's all...you are not allowed to stress out over a half of a pound.

Carry on.

PS: Yep to what everybody else said. Marathon not sprint. Tattoo that someplace!

Tabitah,
We have already talked in pm about this you know i know. But mines was 8 pounds lost 8 pounds gained. 8 pounds lost 8 pounds gained. Since my cousin has been in the hospital this week I have been eating like a line backer going to play in a superbowl game. They sell a guest tray for $5 and I have been working my 1/3 burger with 3 slices of cheese and 4 slices of bacon no bun out. The scale finally moved after what 9 weeks. It will move when its ready. Stop obsessing. I know its easier said than done. 1/2 pound could be anything. You didnt get enough rest, you weigh heavier at night than in morning, wearing something different, needed to go to the bathroom. I wish i was strong enough to put away all my scales and only weigh once a week but Im not. Im going to need Weighers Anonymous LOL

Tabitah,
We have already talked in pm about this you know i know. But mines was 8 pounds lost 8 pounds gained. 8 pounds lost 8 pounds gained. Since my cousin has been in the hospital this week I have been eating like a line backer going to play in a superbowl game. They sell a guest tray for $5 and I have been working my 1/3 burger with 3 slices of cheese and 4 slices of bacon no bun out. The scale finally moved after what 9 weeks. It will move when its ready. Stop obsessing. I know its easier said than done. 1/2 pound could be anything. You didnt get enough rest, you weigh heavier at night than in morning, wearing something different, needed to go to the bathroom. I wish i was strong enough to put away all my scales and only weigh once a week but Im not. Im going to need Weighers Anonymous LOL

Good Lord, I need it too. My scale needs to go into the witness protection program. LOL

I admit to freaking out. Its just I am a revision and I am so scared of failing at this. I finally took measurements today. I admit I was too chicken to do so before. I guess I was an ostrich with my head in the sand. I didn't want to see the numbers. It was how I got so heavy. I just stretchy pants and lived in denial. Getting on the scale is my way of making myself accountable, but I agree I need to relax....I am working on it.

Latest posts

Back