Fat Bomb or Bulletproof Tea or Smoothie?

Velvetkiss

Taking it One Day at a Time
Not sure if this is in the right spot, since it is not a recipe. I am not getting enough fat in and I need to add some. I do not like Coffee and was wondering if there was a recipe for a bulletproof tea, I like Decaf Green Tea and regular old Decaf Lipton Tea. I was also wondering if there was a Fat Bomb Smoothie recipe that is good for Duodenal Switch patients. I am only 6 months out and still can not eat a lot and I was hoping there was a way to add in more fat in a drink. Thanks for any help!

Heavy cream, coconut cream (read the fat content on the label to make sure it's a nice fatty version) or some coconut oil stirred into your tea.

an easy way is to add HWC (heavy whipping cream - the full fat stuff) to everything that makes sense. I add it to greek yogurt, hot tea, etc. I'm talking tablespoon quantities - 3 tbsp per greek yogurt, 4 tbsp in a tall cup of hot tea. I also sometimes can find plain full fat greek yogurt and will mix 1/4 c yogurt, 4 tbsp HWC, and sugar free pudding mix to taste (i like both cheesecake and white chocolate flavors). this makes a filling, sweet treat.

Thank for the ideas. I like the idea of adding heavy cream or coconut cream or oil to my tea and I did not think about adding in full fat greek yogurt with heavy whipping cream.

@Velvetkiss I made a recipe for low carb eggnog before Christmas that was delicious and definitely made me go potty if that's your problem!

1 cup heavy cream
2 tsp sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp rum extract
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Sweetener of choice (if needed)

I threw it all in the blended and it was awesome. You could totally do different flavors of puddings and extracts if you don't like eggnog and you can throw some protein powder in if you want to get more bang for your buck :)

Latest posts

Back