Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
Well, I finally motivated myself to go on yet another diet. Diets bring up so much misery in my head and my heart it takes me ages to FORCE myself to do it. I hate loathe and despise diets. It does make me feel better to say it too. My first diet started when I was six weeks old and I am now 63.

Psychological warfare has begun. I am spending at least 1/2 hour a day saying food is not your friend and imagining every food I love covered by maggots or poop. Does this work? Hell if I know but years ago when I was researching anorexia I ran across it. I will multitask and say I hate food while I am actually DOING something else.

Enhancing my malabsorbtion by eating SF gummy bears. If you don't know all about them, go to Amazon and read the reviews. Don't drink anything while you are reading. You will spew your drink all over your screen. I started last night with 10 of them and of course they did have the desired effect. And I have a 5lb bag. That's a humongous supply. Haven't quite figured out the best time to take them but with a little trial and error I will.

It's too damn hot to exercise here till probably October so I went and got a used treadmill on craigslist. Tomorrow I will get it set up in my bedroom. And I will continue to wrangle palm trees in my spare time. Just the blood loss should help me lose. But at 110 degrees I just can't make myself work outside for more than a couple hours. I am a wimp. But I think I can make myself do 10 miles a day on that treadmill.

Why now? I am 63 and I have a huge hernia I can't afford to fix. When I turn 65 I will have Medicare so I can get the hernia repaired. At the same time I want to get a panniculectomy. Also plan to try to get them to repair my abdominal muscles. Because I can't afford abdominoplasty. I figure I will get the best possible results if I am skinny enough to hide behind a telephone pole when I get it done. I am over the top tired of looking pregnant. I hate stuffing my flubber into shapewear too. I want the flubber gone. Just ONCE in my whole life, I would like to have a flat stomach. Just once! I would like to buy 1 top that actually fits without having to go up 2 sizes because of the ugly flubber gut.

Will I ever be able to stuff myself into size 00 True Religions? Probably not but I have one last try in me!

Today is day 5 of under 20 carbs per day. So the worst is over. The carb flu is done and things should start looking up soon. My fingers are crossed, toes too!

So much to say, but not the time to write a long supportive post right now. I will in the tomorrow.

In the mean time, I would say, hang in there!!!!!! It sux, I know, it does. You are so much better than you were. So, as you fight for this last weight, just also appreciate how far you have come.

Wishing you lots of luck on this journey. Will write more later.

Good luck. I’ve given up hiding my flubber gut. I honestly can not ever remember having a flat stomach. I think I did til the age of 12 but back then, in the mid 60’s, who actually cared? That happened when you got to high school, not 12. I also said no diet ever again about the time I hit 50.

Day 6, still breathing. At least I still get coffee with cream. Treadmill is still in the back of my SUV. The tape measure says I am going to have to move it through the front door and move a cabinet full of DVD's. This too shall pass and the treadmill will land in my bedroom. I tried to buy one that couldn't be used as a clothes hanger. And it does have 1 big improvement. It has a book/tablet holder! So I will have almost unlimited entertainment options.

Tonight is a bit of a celebration for beating the carb flu. And of course, it's food. I am making Brok's pizza and the custard for SF chocolate fudge ice cream has been made already. I just have to throw it in the machine. It will still be all good, 1/2 of that pizza is 8 carbs, 10 for the ice cream and 2 misc cream in coffee. But I can't eat anything else.

Stumbled across a great substitute for grilled cheese using low carb wraps. It works! You can use 1 for a taco shaped sandwich or 2 for a full one. I buttered mine! They do get crisp when you fry them!

Off to begin the logistical nightmare of treadmill transportation.

Trader Joes has cauliflower pizza crust. :)
I have made that before but never bought one at the store. The store ones are probably better! I saw loaded mashed cauliflower in the freezer section the other day! I actually went to the store to get some SF popsicles but they didn't have any.

You should not do the SF Gummi Bears. You are going to cause bowel issues by taking laxatives. Laxatives are not for weight loss. And you need to maintain some contact between gut lining and micronutrients.

Low carb and increasing physical activity is good.

It is not too soon to start looking for a reconstructive plastic surgeon who is willing to do your surgery with an abdominoplasty to avoid mesh. My surgeon takes Medicare, but I have already determined that the Medicare guidelines for reconstructive surgery for the BCBS supplement I’m going on in September track the Medicare rules and are not as expansive as the BCBS PPO I have now.

If you want to come here and use my surgeon when you get Medicare, you can recuperate with me!

You should not do the SF Gummi Bears. You are going to cause bowel issues by taking laxatives. Laxatives are not for weight loss. And you need to maintain some contact between gut lining and micronutrients.

It is not too soon to start looking for a reconstructive plastic surgeon who is willing to do your surgery with an abdominoplasty to avoid mesh. My surgeon takes Medicare, but I have already determined that the Medicare guidelines for reconstructive surgery for the BCBS supplement I’m going on in September track the Medicare rules and are not as expansive as the BCBS PPO I have now.

If you want to come here and use my surgeon when you get Medicare, you can recuperate with me!
You are such a good friend! I honestly think I am going to end up with mesh. The hernia is huge. Probably 10"x10". I don't want mesh but I think it may well be impossible to fix without it. Those muscles have been separated for decades and it's likely there is not enough tissue to reconstruct. I may need your help with appeals when I start working on it. Last time I checked my panni did meet the guidelines for removal.

All the time I lived in MN, I would go to the Russel Stover outlet in Owatonna a couple times a year to buy SF candy. So till 2008 I ate it regularly. I am just returning to my roots. I am not taking enough to give myself diarrhea all the time. I am just upping my transit time a little. Not even close to those reviews on Amazon!

Brok's pizza was really good! I ate 1/4 of the pizza so that's 50+ protein and 6 carbs. Add that to the cream in my coffee and the sf ice cream I will have later and I will come in under 20 today plus I will pick up another 7 gr protein from the ice cream. Today is shaping up to be a screaming success. Plus there will be leftover pizza tomorrow.

On the down side the treadmill is still not in the house. But I got all the stuff moved to be able to get it in. Maybe we will do it in a few minutes. 110 today so it's probably smart to wait till the sun goes down!

I get tired reading your energetic posts!

You may need mesh but I’ll bet an argument could be made for abdominoplasty and/or component separation being needed to reinforce the abdominal wall. I’d bet my surgeon would argue for it.

On the down side the treadmill is still not in the house. But I got all the stuff moved to be able to get it in. Maybe we will do it in a few minutes. 110 today so it's probably smart to wait till the sun goes down!
Or maybe before 7AM in the morning.

That's just TOO damned hot...and yes, I know it's dry but hot is hot at that point. We woke up to 49 degrees and might see 77 today. Yesterday we never got to 65 cause of the cloud cover.

Brok's pizza was really good!

I need to check this out. I had way too many carbs yesterday and didn't even enjoy them. was not comforted, with the comfort food. :(

OK, this is the recipe? I think I might try the cauliflower crust pizza first. Trader Joe's?

Last edited:
I need to check this out. I had way too many carbs yesterday and didn't even enjoy them. was not comforted, with the comfort food. :(

OK, this is the recipe? I think I might try the cauliflower crust pizza first. Trader Joe's?
Yes, it came from here. I think this pizza would be 4 meals for many of us. That makes it more reasonable.

I get tired reading your energetic posts!

You may need mesh but I’ll bet an argument could be made for abdominoplasty and/or component separation being needed to reinforce the abdominal wall. I’d bet my surgeon would argue for it.
We both know people who got insurance to pay for plastics. I would just love to be one of them!

Latest posts

Back