Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

Munchkin, I roasted a turkey last November but I doubt I will do so in this new apartment where I am not at all moved in/settled/organized and don't want to cook.

but some day I will again and then I will think of you!

and, OMG, a non diet soda, you wicked woman! ;)

Munchkin, I roasted a turkey last November but I doubt I will do so in this new apartment where I am not at all moved in/settled/organized and don't want to cook.

but some day I will again and then I will think of you!

and, OMG, a non diet soda, you wicked woman! ;)
I have probably had 10 non-diet sodas in my life...

Roasted the first turkey today. A tiny 12 pounder. Yummy. Then I screwed up big time. I drank an orange soda and when I was almost done drinking it, I was thinking it was too sweet. Crap! It wasn't diet. Bought the wrong thing.

What happened to your guts after you drank it? I got an Arnold Palmer but I think they gave me sweet tea instead of unsweetened tea and it wasn't good the next day. Orange pop? That must have hurt!

What happened to your guts after you drank it? I got an Arnold Palmer but I think they gave me sweet tea instead of unsweetened tea and it wasn't good the next day. Orange pop? That must have hurt!
Nothing! I have always had a cast iron digestive system and still do. And you can bet I absorbed every single calorie!

Turkey soup is cooking now. Why did I have to practice for a million years to be able to make great turkey, stock of any kind, and a decent roast beef? No real noodles for the soup but I did get one box of Banza(chick pea pasta). Still has too many carbs but 1 box in a gallon of soup is not too bad. Of course my preference would be to add a gajillion egg noodles...

The turkey came out great. I used an apple spice brine, vinegar, water, and a bottle of shiraz. The alcohol cooked out of it. The gravy turned out great. I experimented with a lower carb stuffing. Most of it was meat with a little bread. It was good too.

Now it's back to dieting till Hanukkah/Christmas. Another Thanksgiving in the rear view mirror.

Currently in recovery from 3 cheat days in a row. Hanukkah, Christmas Eve, and Christmas. I made latkes and rotini with meat sauce. I ate fudge and fruitcake too. Along with everything else I could shovel down my throat. 3 cheat days in a row is a rare occurrence. And I learned something.

First the back story. When I was fat, I was always HOT. Even when I lived in colder places like Utah, Massachusetts, and Minnesota. My husband used to call me his furnace... I never really needed coats, gloves, and boots. Not just for walking from the car into a building. Or I would carry the coat. Just in case. It could be -30 and my hands would be warm.

Surgery changed that and just like everyone else I assumed it was because of weight loss. Less insulation. I was cold all the time. Winter in Las Vegas isn't exactly a challenge but I am consistently cold. Even dressed in fleece. My feet and hands are always freezing. The only thing that keeps me warm is consistent exercise and well, I am lazy in the Winter and I keep missing out on consistent.

On to what I learned from the 3 cheat days. OMG, I was WARM. So for me, it's not just the less insulation thing. It's less insulation + carbs = WARM. In a way, it makes sense. Low carb deprives your body of it's preferred energy source so it works harder because you force it to burn fat. Now I have a new way to know if my diet is effective. At least in the Winter. If I am freezing, I am doing it right. If I am warm, I had too many carbs!

My hands are still warm today... No carbs for me!

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

and I hope it's still around when I'm old enough!!!

Latest posts

Back