EGD with Stent

Webmommy

I got an EGD with stent on Monday and despite an expansive search everywhere I feel wholly unprepared for the reality.

It hurts. Randomly but also with vitamins, medication and cold water. I can't get my water in let alone protein drinks. I am regularly on the edge of vomiting and have vomited everyday since I got it. I was hoping that today would be better but it's just as bad as yesterday and I can feel my stomach spasming and trying to expel this stent out.

Only 4-6 weeks more.

Is gets better right?

t hurts. Randomly but also with vitamins, medication and cold water. I can't get my water in let alone protein drinks. I am regularly on the edge of vomiting and have vomited everyday since I got it.
I'm sorry. :confused:

what happens in 4 - 6 weeks? is that when they said you'd feel better?

I haven't had a stent in my stomach, but the ones I've had were uncomfortable. I'd ask the Dr if they can give you anything to help.

ah! I didn't understand it was temporary. I hope it helps and glad that you have painkillers.

How horrible. I have a stricture that never was treated. I refused. I eventually have stretched it myself, but it can still give me issues with dense food like brisket getting stuck.

I feel your pain. I am so sorry.

How horrible. I have a stricture that never was treated. I refused. I eventually have stretched it myself, but it can still give me issues with dense food like brisket getting stuck.

I feel your pain. I am so sorry.
That would be rough because brisket is so delicious and has so much protein and fat.

I am currently at the ER and they're going to do a CT scan but I have to drink this huge 30 ounce drink. I haven't been able to drink this much in a day let alone in an hour. Waiting for the Zofran to kick in. This nurse is asking me edgy type of questions like he doesn't believe me and it's annoying. I just wanted some IV fluids not hearing that my vasovagal close to fainting experience sounds like anxiety. This is why I didn't want to come.

Also I stupidly drank grape juice tonight because I could get it down thinking that it was more important to be hydrated than to worry about carbs. But now my guts are cramping and have to keep going to the toilet. The only reason it isn't diarrhea is because there isn't enough of anything in there. I am not a happy camper here.

Last edited:
I am currently at the ER and they're going to do a CT scan but I have to drink this huge 30 ounce drink. I haven't been able to drink this much in a day let alone in an hour. Waiting for the Zofran to kick in. This nurse is asking me edgy type of questions like he doesn't believe me and it's annoying. I just wanted some IV fluids not hearing that my vasovagal close to fainting experience sounds like anxiety. This is why I didn't want to come.

Also I stupidly drank grape juice tonight because I could get it down thinking that it was more important to be hydrated than to worry about carbs. But now my guts are cramping and have to keep going to the toilet. The only reason it isn't diarrhea is because there isn't enough of anything in there. I am not a happy camper here.
Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope they give you something to make you comfortable and find out what is going on and address is - maybe pull the stent if that is not working for you.

oh, no! I'm sorry and hope they are of some help.

This nurse is asking me edgy type of questions like he doesn't believe me and it's annoying. I just wanted some IV fluids not hearing that my vasovagal close to fainting experience sounds like anxiety. This is why I didn't want to come.

:mad:

Latest posts

Back