Easy Braised Brisket (Plan Ahead Meals)

newanatomy

I buy as large of a brisket as will fit in my big roaster.

Need:
Brisket; 2 packets
Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Brown the brisket on med-high heat on both sides. Reduce heat to medium/low. Pour in enough water to cover the meat, around 6 cups, then add 2 packets of Lipton Onion Soup mix. Bring the liquid to a boil then transfer to the oven. Place the covered pot into the preheated oven and roast for about 3 or 4 hours depending on the size of your brisket. When it is done it will pull apart easily. Although, I like to slice mine.

Reserve all the braising liquid to serve with the brisket. I like to cook it the day before and put the sliced roast into a zip lock bag and the liquid into a bowl to cool in the fridge overnight. Then in the morning, I can scrape off the fat from the top of the liquid.

For the "normies" in my life I serve the brisket over rice with a little of the liquid on top with a side of veggies. For myself, I love a bowl of chopped meat, liquid and an egg or two (fried and sliced like a noodle) with parmesan cheese melted on top! It is also really good served over riced cauliflower.

I cook a brisket once a week and mostly eat it for lunch as a "bowl of soup". It is yummy!

Latest posts

Back