DSFacts.com is being updated

DianaCox

Bad Cop
First, please note that although there is a similarity in the names, this site and DSFacts are not related in any way. The domain name that was chosen for this site was inspired by DSFacts, but primarily for the brevity of the title and resulting URL. To be clear, I am on the editorial board of DSFacts, but have no status here other than being a member and big mouth.

DSFacts is and will remain a static site, where CURATED and organized information will be stored. It will not have ads, and is being updated by an editorial board comprising DS surgeons and DS veterans with medical, scientific and legal expertise.

The structure of DSFacts is that (1) it is nominally owned by Dr. Keshishian, as a public service; (2) there are and will be other DS surgeons included on the editorial board for updating and reviewing the accuracy of general medical information on the site; and (3) the DS surgeons list is controlled solely by the DS vets, to avoid to the extent possible any appearance of impropriety of the DS surgeons having input on their peers/competitors.

It is my understanding that links to DSFacts are allowed here, under the terms of the TOUs for all websites, which are based on principles of copyright law and sensible, factually correct application of processes for promotion of the site to increase its visibility to search engines.

Thanks. I have referred several people to DSFacts for information. Whatever you are looking for to get started is usually there. Then I will now send them here!

dsfacts is a valuable resource. I was a little worried when I learned it had been purchased by a surgeon but I think the editorial board will keep it on track and believable. And it's good to see a DS surgeon give back to the community he helped create who paid him a lot of money!

I am so glad that DSFacts is going to be maintained and updated. It would of been sad to see it fall by the wayside.

Diana Am I understanding correctly that DS Facts be updated to capture the wealth of studies and data many members had posted on ProBoards and elsewhere? It would be amazing to know that all of that real information is available and can be referenced.

That is our intention, and more. But first - updating the DS surgeons list. We have already removed deceased, retired and no longer practicing surgeons, as well as a few who have lost their lustre. The various message boards have been scoured for a first pass of DS surgeons whom we have heard a little about but don't know enough yet to make a judgment, a proper questionnaire has been written, email and snail mail addresses have been searched and gathered, cover letters written, and now the work of putting them together and sending them out has been delegated. Then we will have to collect the responses we get, and decide whether to add each one to the list or not. We are also hoping to update and upgrade the amount of information that is provided for the surgeons, which will involve sending out a second batch of questionnaires to the current surgeons on the list.

And then we'll get around to updating the files regarding studies. And then more.

It is my understanding that links to DSFacts are allowed here, under the terms of the TOUs for all websites, which are based on principles of copyright law and sensible, factually correct application of processes for promotion of the site to increase its visibility to search engines.
They SURE are....

That is our intention, and more. But first - updating the DS surgeons list. We have already removed deceased, retired and no longer practicing surgeons, as well as a few who have lost their lustre. The various message boards have been scoured for a first pass of DS surgeons whom we have heard a little about but don't know enough yet to make a judgment, a proper questionnaire has been written, email and snail mail addresses have been searched and gathered, cover letters written, and now the work of putting them together and sending them out has been delegated. Then we will have to collect the responses we get, and decide whether to add each one to the list or not. We are also hoping to update and upgrade the amount of information that is provided for the surgeons, which will involve sending out a second batch of questionnaires to the current surgeons on the list.

And then we'll get around to updating the files regarding studies. And then more.
I have a surgical group to ask be added to the list: Winchester Bariatrics in Winchester, VA. I can help gather info as needed.

I've never heard of them as being DS surgeons - you can send me their contact information for inclusion on this or perhaps the next round of review.

Latest posts

Back