DS + thyroidectomy ENDOs

revisionDS

hi all,

I'm having issues with ENDOs, thyroidectomy and DS is a rough combination, especially living in an area where the DS is not performed. The amount of thyroid RX I take is significantly higher than normies, and 5 endos have now told me that the malabsorption I have would not cause me to require increased thyroid RX. Wondering on how others are doing?

hi all,

I'm having issues with ENDOs, thyroidectomy and DS is a rough combination, especially living in an area where the DS is not performed. The amount of thyroid RX I take is significantly higher than normies, and 5 endos have now told me that the malabsorption I have would not cause me to require increased thyroid RX. Wondering on how others are doing?
IF you are taking your thyroid meds properly (nothing else but water, seperated by vitamins by 4 hours and seperated from food by one hour), then they are correct UNLESS it wasn't the correct amount to start.

I take my thyroid meds during a middle of the night pee run and I chew them. It helps get the digestion of them started. They aren't coated but it's easier to start if broken up (by chewing slightly). My dose and my husband's dose have not changed since way before our DS over 8 years ago.

Start with making sure you are following the prescribing info first.

Latest posts

Back