DS revision (again?)

Kristaz

So I had a revision from about a 15 year old RNY to the DS with Dr K 3 years ago. Everything went very smoothly. I was considered a “lightweight” but had sever dumping syndrome and had gained back most of the weight. I intitially lost some weight about 30 pounds (started at 190 but to the low 160’s) but never below that (Now back to 180ish), dumping improved. However I seem not to malabsorb almost anything. I have to take NO vitamins. I’m very cognizant of what I eat as even smelling a carb causes weight gain. For about the last year I have been having left side pain seems like maybe a structure or scar tissue as it’s intermittently painful and causes what seems like a vowel obstruction. Saw Dr K and we decided based on the scans for him to go in. He’s also mentioned my stomach looked large. So has anyone had to have their stomach resized? Or a length shortening in I assume the common channel? Have an appt with dr K tomorrow and surgery Friday.

I hope the surgery goes well for you; is he planning to do some sort of revision or just going to see what he finds?

I hope the surgery goes well for you; is he planning to do some sort of revision or just going to see what he finds?
Right now he’s going exploring - his educated guess is that it’s scar tissue. So the hope
Is he can go in to remove the scar tissue and release that piece of intestine.

Well had an appointment with him in person... he believes scar tissue has attached part of the intestine to the colon so will probably have to be a resection but we shall see. Had to do a covid test which I wouldn’t wish on my enemy lol and now have to do it again because my sample was compromised so get to have my brain tickled again. But the upside is he thinks he can do it laparoscopicly vs open like my revision was.

Latest posts

Back