DS is scheduled

I don't know what kind of pad you are using, but I've heard some people used super Kotex type pads instead of medical ones. Might be more absorbent and increase the time between changes.

I don't know what kind of pad you are using, but I've heard some people used super Kotex type pads instead of medical ones. Might be more absorbent and increase the time between changes.
I thought that would be a great way to go too, but I have not bought pads for a few years (a little too old). They do not seem to make those old fashioned giant Kotex gauze type pads anymore. At least I could not find them. The few styles I tried (thin, wings, you name it) did not work and so I decided to stop wasting money and go with pads from the first-aid section of the store with tape.

Thanks for asking. I am a little over 2 weeks out and doing okay. I am regaining energy and working on drinking and eating protein. Even still, I am pretty depressed because I have this constant draining from my incision area that requires I change the pads/gauze about 4 times per day. The feeding tube hurts and is a PIA. Other than that, I am okay. Justing waiting for the 6-8 week healing process to go by to get some relief from the draining and for feeding tube to be removed.
I didn't need the j tube but I hear they can be annoying. Hopefully that gets better doon.

Does Dr k know about the wound still draining?

Best wishes. Hang in there it gets much better

I didn't need the j tube but I hear they can be annoying. Hopefully that gets better doon.

Does Dr k know about the wound still draining?

Best wishes. Hang in there it gets much better

Yes, he does. He has taken several phone calls from me. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back