DS excluded but GB not-can i get ins help?

How would I do this if the surgeon I have to see MUST be an OPTUM Center of Excellence certified surgeon? They gave me the 3 most closest to me that were certified and none of them do DS.
That’s where DianaCox and Larra help. I don’t know how they do it, I just know they love beating the hell out of asshole employers and insurance companies.

That’s where DianaCox and Larra help. I don’t know how they do it, I just know they love beating the hell out of asshole employers and insurance companies.
That would be wonderful. I have to go through the UHC Bariatric Resourse Program which have Nurses that outlines everything u have to do to be approved. I doubt they will let me see a surgeon who is not Optum COE certified and proceed in the program.

I don’t seem to be getting the messages that I’ve been tagged - sorry about that.

I found the section on obesity surgery in your policy. It’s wildly out of the norm these days.
What state is this policy for? Where is the headquarters of your company? Where do you live?

Can you please search the document for a section labeled something like external referrals and copy it here? I am looking for the procedures for getting a referral to an outside provider when there is no in-network provider.

By the way, the document appears to be the 2022 plan - is there a 2023 plan?

Did you have your sleeve under this plan?

Does anyone remember the name of the DS surgeon in Massachusetts? (I’m assuming you are in MA since this is a Harvard plan.)

You should plan on SELF-PAYING for an evaluation with that MA DS surgeon, AFTER requesting a referral to that surgeon.

Latest posts

Back