DS Complication

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had conversion surgery from Rny to DS with Dr. K on Jan. 11, 2019. Things seem to be progressing well and despite initial delays and being in the hospital longer than initially planned, things are on the upswing now. The only issue I seem to be continuously suffering from now, is that it feels that food gets “backed-up” in my stomach and has an unbelievably difficult time transitioning to the intestines. I did get a barium X-ray as directed by Dr. K, and also had him do another upper endoscopy, only for him to report that everything is wide open and without any strictures or problems. Yet I remain in this awful situation, where basically anything I try to eat (liquid/thick liquid/soft foods/regular foods) anything seems to give me trouble passing from stomach to intestines. Along with that, milk is out of the question. So I’ve tried lactose free milk, and it’s better (not creating massive amounts of mucous), but not great. It’s soooo strange, some things I would assume to be an absolute NO-NO end up working, both in general and better, than things I would think, that would work. (I can tolerate nuts sometimes, but can not have more simple things like eggs or yogurt or even broth is difficult) According to Dr. K, it will take time. Sometimes, some people’s “rny-stomach portion” takes a LONG while to “WAKE UP” and is slow in remembering what to do, and until that happens, it’s a day by day thing and trial and error process with my eating which then will elongate the time I have to have the feeding tube. I was looking for advise if any of this sounds like any scenarios anyone has experience with or has heard of in the past. Any input is highly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back