DS 17 years out w/ Dr. Robert Rabkin

gailfran22

Hi my name is Gail and well I guess my subject line says it all lol! I had my Duodenal Switch Surgery done on 9/7/2001 at CPMC with <3 Dr. Robert Rabkin!! I absolutely adore Dr. Bob. but he has long since retired and his younger brother Dr. John Rabkin now runs the Pac Lap practice. Both Dr's are wonderful!! I will always be partial to Dr. Bob as he performed my DS & saved my life. Prior to surgery I weighed over 350... I believe it was 352...yesterday (Monday - I only weigh myself on Mondays lol) I was at 143. I too am Anemic. They have me injecting B12 monthly, it does very little, I told the dr this several times but they think I am not dosing enough lol. Oh well. My teeth suck and even after a body and breast lift...I sure could use another one ugh. I paid for my 1st body left out of my own funds...I wonder if Insurance might pick up a 2nd one that is badly/sorely needed?! please let me know about Insurance Info for Reconstruction of the body.

gail p.
356/143
DS 9/7/2001
Dr. Robert Rabkin

DianaCox

Bad Cop
Can you go see Dr. John Rabkin? You may need iron infusions.

California has pretty good laws about requiring coverage for reconstructive surgery, if you have what the reconstructive surgeon will describe your skin as being an abnormal structure of the body and if you have a fully funded plan.

gailfran22

Can you go see Dr. John Rabkin? You may need iron infusions.

California has pretty good laws about requiring coverage for reconstructive surgery, if you have what the reconstructive surgeon will describe your skin as being an abnormal structure of the body and if you have a fully funded plan.
My Primary Care Provider watches my Iron...and I am doing my B12 religiously but will be seeing her for my physical and Post-Op labs shortly. I have gone through several Iron infusions...so if need be, I will be ready for another.

Unfortunately I no longer have an folds or sores or infections...its more to just look normal.

Hugs to all
gail