Dr. Keshishian and out of state insurance

DawnNYC

On a whim, I decided to reach out to Dr. Keshishian's office about my insurance. They said my bcbs from NY would also be in network with the CA bcbs.

Has anyone had their bcbs from another state be in network?

If this is true, I will be able to have my conversion surgery with him! And, they are no longer charging a program fee.

Soooo glad I called!!!

Thanks!

When we had ours, I was with BCBSTN Medicare. THEY balked at my choice of surgeon They wanted me to stay in state. My husband had NO issue with his chosen surgeon.

BCBS IL pays for my son's medical expenses with his doctors in California (endocrinologist) and Texas (neurosurgeon), and mine in Louisana (endocrinologist, oncologist, surgeon), all through exchanges with BCBS's in the states in which care is received. My plan is a PPO in-network only option self-funded by my employer.

BCBS IL pays for my son's medical expenses with his doctors in California (endocrinologist) and Texas (neurosurgeon), and mine in Louisana (endocrinologist, oncologist, surgeon), all through exchanges with BCBS's in the states in which care is received. My plan is a PPO in-network only option self-funded by my employer.
THANK YOU!!!
That’s very encouraging : )

Dr Keshishian’s office seems VERY adept at determining & navigating insurance coverage.

I had an in-person consult with Dr K in May 2018 regarding revisional bariatric surgery. He also performed an EGD endoscopy so he could see exactly what my issues are instead of just going off a report from an EGD I had done in Seattle in April 2018. My insurance is Premera Blue Cross WA, which is an independent licensee of BCBS. 2 of the 3 surgical procedures he has recommended are approved and now we’re just waiting for pre-authorization of the hospital stay and LINX device removal. Hopefully that will happen this week and I can schedule my surgery for June/July 2018.

That’s so exciting! Congrats on getting approved. Let me know how it all goes.

Dr Keshishian’s office seems VERY adept at determining & navigating insurance coverage.

I had an in-person consult with Dr K in May 2018 regarding revisional bariatric surgery. He also performed an EGD endoscopy so he could see exactly what my issues are instead of just going off a report from an EGD I had done in Seattle in April 2018. My insurance is Premera Blue Cross WA, which is an independent licensee of BCBS. 2 of the 3 surgical procedures he has recommended are approved and now we’re just waiting for pre-authorization of the hospital stay and LINX device removal. Hopefully that will happen this week and I can schedule my surgery for June/July 2018.

Almost 13 years ago, I wandered into his office with a THICK, well-organized (it had an index) pile of test results and, where appropriate, CDs. He looked at all of them and then said, "No endoscopy results?"

I replied, "No results because I haven't had one."

He asked,"Why not?"

I said, "I thought you'd rather look for yourself."

He laughed and said something like, "I don't operate off of a report of what someone else said they saw. With a CD, I can see what they saw. But if I do it myself, I know exactly what I looked at and what I found."

I've had 4 surgeries with Dr K and I have BCBS PPO Indiana (live in IL but wife's HQ is in Indy so IN is state. Weird I know). No issues at all.

Latest posts

Back