Dr. Dakin

Dinneal

Hello
I had Rny 10 yrs ago @292 lbs and regained all of my weight CW 330LBS looking to have the traditional DS with Dr. Dakin at the NY Presbyterian/Cornell hospital. Has anyone used him for revision RNY to DS please share your experience.

Hello
I had Rny 10 yrs ago @292 lbs and regained all of my weight CW 330LBS looking to have the traditional DS with Dr. Dakin at the NY Presbyterian/Cornell hospital. Has anyone used him for revision RNY to DS please share your experience.
I think you are going to have a conversation with him and ask him.
If he says he does, then ask a couple of questions;

1) About how many DS surgeries has he done (not the practice but him).

2) Complication rate?

3) Where did he learn the skill to do a DS? Who was his mentor?

Revisions (lap band to DS or RNY to DS.)

4) About how many revisions to a DS has he done.

5) Where did he learn to do that revision?

Years ago when I was researching a revision from RNY to DS Dr. Dakin was at Mt Sinai with Dr Pomp. He was fairly new but considered capable as far as a virgin DS. I don’t recall him performing revisions at that time. I imagine that he currently has tons more experience.

I decided against Mt Sinai originally when considering surgery because of aftercare issues when I was first researching the DS. In 2002 Mt Sinai was having several issues with aftercare. There was no questions regarding surgical skill but aftercare at Mt Sinai resulted in deaths. Dr Dakin is with a different hospital now so those concerns are gone

I checked out several surgeons in the NY tri- state area. I ended up going to California for revision surgery ( RNY to DS) with Dr Keshishian.

I apologize for rambling on.

Hi
So did u end up paying out of pocket with Dr. K?
I had to pay the out of network portion but my health insurance covered most of the cost. I had NYSHIP (Empire PPO) because I was a New York State employee.
Where are you?
I am from Long Island.

I had to pay the out of network portion but my health insurance covered most of the cost. I had NYSHIP (Empire PPO) because I was a New York State employee.
Where are you?
I am from Long Island.
I’m from Queens

Latest posts

Back