Don's Freakout Palace

I was planning on posting the complete series at my one year surgiversary, but really it probably would have made more sense to post them at each months "surgiversary"
The Start of my journey (January 21, 2018). Approximately 345 pounds.
The%20Start.jpg

Wow, major changes and good thinking to take interval photos in the same spot! I will think positively for your upcoming appointments and that they can get you feeling better fast.

Just got home from the colonoscopy. they found and removed a polyp in my rectum that may have been the source of the bleeding. Otherwise it looked okay. I wasn't fully cleaned out in spite of starting the liquid diet a day early and the SuPrep about 12 hours early. Depending one what the lab says about the polyp I may be back for a repeat performance anywhere from 3-10 years hence. No fissures and the hemorrhoids didn't look bad.

FYI, Jarrow Bone Up did not work for me. My PTH went up, from 12 to 76 on Bone Up. Its back down on citrate. I am also adding 2 Upcal a day, powder form. Kinda like a pixie stix.

For calcium constipation and butthurt, magnesium oxide works best for me. I also do Fat Bombs w every calcium dose, to grease the skids, so to speak. I freeze mine. I make Nutella fat bombs with Kerrygold unsalted butter and cream cheese.

Good job! I can SEE your self esteem go up in each picture. I never took pics, wish I had. You look great!

So, had my visit with the GI Nurse Practitioner. Had to explain what a DS was. Fortunately did not have to spell Biliopancreatic for the Nurse trying to find the DS in the computer (apparently my GP never put it in my Medical Records). The bleeding is from hemorrhoids. She recommended against surgery because of the risk of incontinence but she will give a referral if I can't get them under control.
I just can't seem to get Calcium in without locking my butt up tighter than Fort Knox. I picked up some low dose Calcium Citrate so basically I'm spreading what would have been a single dose over the course of the entire day (in addition to my Bone Up since some folks have had bad luck with BoneUp only). I'm not completely shut down but things are hard enough to keep the roids in a constant state of distress.
I think I should have either added the Calcium to about 3 days worth of pill sorters at the end of my two week cycle and seen how it went or phased them in very slowly. Now I have a week and half's worth of vitamins and no particularly good idea for how to pick out the calciums (they are plain white capsules, like several other supplements I take). I've added some Magnesium Citrate to the rest of this week's doses and picked up some more heavy whipping cream for my morning coffee/protein and will see if I can loosen things up without having to chuck a bunch of vitamin$.
Edit: forgot to mention the polyp was benign so I have ten years before I have the Colonoscopy experience again.

Latest posts

Back