Don's Freakout Palace

I'm going off the Facebook group list and the vitalady list. I'm hoping that a lot of these will go away at the first blood work, but I'm trying to be proactive and not get myself in a hole. I haven't met many things that I can't screw up so I'm doing my best to get this right. Hopefully once I am a year or so out and I know what my body is going to do the list will be smaller.

I still have some pain/discomfort (1-2 or the 1-10 scale) around my belly button when bending over. The incision above my belly button is still tender and has a pretty good hard lump going. My incisions all look fine, but I expected them to feel fine by now. I only have a week and a half left before I go back to work and will be expected to be slinging product. I'm not in agony or anything, it's just a little concerning. When does the discomfort go away?

I don't see why you are taking all those vitmans. Do you have blood work that justify them all? I went to MX too, but the Dr I work with here who also had the DS btw, gave me some blood work when I got back. I needed Vit. D and told me to talk a multi designed for the DS and then said wait 3 months and we will do some tests because it takes a while to see what you are short.

Now, I take D, a B, the Multi something called L-Carnitine and that is really it. All are once a day besides for the L-Carnitine. That is all I need. You list seems overwhelming if the blood work does not justify it and my understanding is it take a while for your Vit. to deplate

What about Calcium?

I'm going off the Facebook group list and the vitalady list. I'm hoping that a lot of these will go away at the first blood work, but I'm trying to be proactive and not get myself in a hole. I haven't met many things that I can't screw up so I'm doing my best to get this right. Hopefully once I am a year or so out and I know what my body is going to do the list will be smaller.
That's where I started. I was able to drop the E, A, Copper, Zinc, all B's off the list quickly. Add back the A a few years back when my level was trending down. It's back up to where it was but only had to add two a week.

I was also in a hole for D in 2007. Took the little green footballs once a week and managed to get it to about 15. I ditched the green footballs and started dry D3 about 3 months one a day before my surgery. It crawled to 57 by then with a range of 30-100. Now mine is great. my PTH is great, calcium is great but in spite of all that, years of piss poor D (which meant my PTH was probably sky high), I have osteoporosis.

Most of us have found that proactive is better than reactive.

Body dysmorphia blows. Looked at myself in the bathroom mirror this morning and thought I looked gaunt. Looked at myself again before bed and thought I looked no different from pre-op. I know neither is accurate but both experiences messed with my head a little.

Did you go back to work, Don? How did that go?
Going to my PCP today for a final look over and then going back tomorrow. Not looking forward to finding out how weak I've gotten with not working for the last month. Also not looking forward to getting sucked back into the dysfunction again. But I'll get it done.
I was hoping to have some idea what I'd like to try as a post truck driving career but I didn't have any brilliant epiphanies, so I'll keep plugging away for now.

I was hoping to have some idea what I'd like to try as a post truck driving career but I didn't have any brilliant epiphanies, so I'll keep plugging away for now.

if you do, please share. in fact feel free to start a thread about it: I know I need a new career and no good ideas and will have to learn for free.

luckily that's so much easier than it used to be, with so many free classes on the internet, it is mind boggling.

Well, it's been a couple of days. Doctor visit went well enough. Had labs done. I'm officially off of my drugs for hypertension, high cholesterol, and prediabetes. On the other side of the ledger, the medical group my doctor is part of is changing to a new web system and my registration for it ran into a glitch. They're supposed to sort it and call me but I haven't heard from them so for the time being I can't view my labs directly. I did get a report by phone, my hemoglobin, ferritin, and D are all good, but my liver enzymes are elevated so I have to go in Friday and have a hepatitis screen and an ultrasound of my gall bladder.
Went back to work last night. I thought I was healed up pretty much entirely. I guess I was wrong. I feel like I've been punched in the gut a couple of times. Incisions hurt a little as well. I knew it was going to be a hard transition back but I was really only expecting to be fighting fatigue and weakness, not pain.
Also had my first vitamin mishap. Left my sorter for the day on the stove when I packed my lunch so I only got my morning and bedtime doses.
Sigh.

Well, it's been a couple of days. Doctor visit went well enough. Had labs done. I'm officially off of my drugs for hypertension, high cholesterol, and prediabetes. On the other side of the ledger, the medical group my doctor is part of is changing to a new web system and my registration for it ran into a glitch. They're supposed to sort it and call me but I haven't heard from them so for the time being I can't view my labs directly. I did get a report by phone, my hemoglobin, ferritin, and D are all good, but my liver enzymes are elevated so I have to go in Friday and have a hepatitis screen and an ultrasound of my gall bladder.
Went back to work last night. I thought I was healed up pretty much entirely. I guess I was wrong. I feel like I've been punched in the gut a couple of times. Incisions hurt a little as well. I knew it was going to be a hard transition back but I was really only expecting to be fighting fatigue and weakness, not pain.
Also had my first vitamin mishap. Left my sorter for the day on the stove when I packed my lunch so I only got my morning and bedtime doses.
Sigh.

I got a weekly pill box for my vitamins at work, that way I only have to take it in on Monday and home on Friday! I have two for work and two for home, that way I only have to do vitamins once every two weeks! It's take me about 20 minutes every other week now! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back