Don's Freakout Palace

Sorry to hear about the apnea. Maybe a silly question, but are you sure you still have it?

The reason I ask is that I had it, and wore a mask for months after surgery. Before , if I did not wear it, I'd wake up choking, or horrifically tired during the day

But, a couple of months ago, I tried sleeping without the cpap ( bi pap actually), and no problems.. no choking at night, no horrific sleepiness during the day.

For me , slipping on the mask had become a trigger for time to sleep

Good luck

Sorry to hear about the apnea. Maybe a silly question, but are you sure you still have it?

The reason I ask is that I had it, and wore a mask for months after surgery. Before , if I did not wear it, I'd wake up choking, or horrifically tired during the day

But, a couple of months ago, I tried sleeping without the cpap ( bi pap actually), and no problems.. no choking at night, no horrific sleepiness during the day.

Good luck
I had stopped using my CPAP when I got down to 200 lbs because I got tired of trying to adjust the pressure and I thought I was fine without it. When I got Covid, we discovered I was going hypoxic while I was sleeping. I restarted the CPAP and since my weight has been fairly steady after a few nights of trial and error I haven't had to fiddle with it. It's not a night and day difference like when I first started CPAP preop but it definitely helps.

Good luck
Not every DS patient with apnea is resolved. All it did for my husband (who is 10 years out last month) is keep his settings much lower.

Oct_2021_labs_1.jpg

Oct_2021_labs_2.jpg

Got my labs back.
My liver's better but still not great (I assume lingering damage from my Covid infection in August 2020 is why my AST/ALT went up in the most recent 2 labs, the first one was a month after my surgery and normal during the rapid weight loss phase).
K fell back in the toilet. I am adding more but also splitting up the dose.
D is hanging in there but not really moving in the right direction (right now I'm doing 6 x 50,000 and 1 x 5000 daily [38,000% of the RDA]). I'm going to try adding in sublingual Ds.
Zinc hasn't moved much either (only 970% of the RDA).
Blood seems to be slowly moving in the right direction (was borderline anemic).
The Activated PTT test was not performed because the "sample was too stable" so I'm assuming it was tested too long after it was drawn.
Oct_2021_vitamin_schedule.jpg

Couple things on the vitamin list. BoneUp Ultra hasn't been available so I've been getting regular BoneUp (the 6 a day version). The Dimagnesium Malate (Natrol high absorption chewable Magnesium) also hasn't been available so I've been skipping it (not it in any danger of being short on Magnesium). The D sublinguals (10,000 IU) will be first thing in the morning rather than going in the pill sorter so they aren't on the sheet.

Great glucose and LDL/HDL

Like you, my hemoglobin and hematocrit are slightly low... GP says don't worry

Boy, that's a lot of pills A+ for keeping them straight

Glad to see you are still here

My Sternum freaks me out at least once a week.
Omg. I am reading old posts looking for insight into my new friends the hemorrhoids, and I found this gem. I kept having my husband feel my sternum asking if it was normal? He finally got tired of me asking, now I just marvel at its existence in silence. Shoulders were a huge new thing too. Not sure if the freakout over the sternum will ever get old.

Omg. I am reading old posts looking for insight into my new friends the hemorrhoids, and I found this gem. I kept having my husband feel my sternum asking if it was normal? He finally got tired of me asking, now I just marvel at its existence in silence. Shoulders were a huge new thing too. Not sure if the freakout over the sternum will ever get old.
We had one person discover her armpit for the first time. The fun one is the clavicle aka collar bone.

Latest posts

Back