Don's Freakout Palace

Don, I think I saw you on one of my walks yesterday. Go us! I agree on some of the kooky things upon arrival and not understanding Ernesto. Imagine my surprise when Dr Wilhelmy walked in with a black eye! Everything else is going pretty great.
Glad things are going well. I thought about asking what the other guy looked like but since he was going to be cutting on my tender pink hide soon thereafter I decided discretion was the better part of valor.

I really was in pain for 4 days. I took a lot of pain killers there, but it got better. It was the drain that was the problem. As soon as it came out, the pain was gone.

Remember, it's not rainbows and unicorns at first, but it gets there.

Dr Campos just popped in. I can drink water now. Everything looks good so far. Wasn't expecting anyone after 5 or so (most of the MBC people go home at 2-3 PM) so we had just gone to bed for the night when he popped in just after 7.
Asked about actigall, he said regardless of whether or not you take it you will get gallstones, which is unfortunate.

Dr Campos just popped in. I can drink water now. Everything looks good so far. Wasn't expecting anyone after 5 or so (most of the MBC people go home at 2-3 PM) so we had just gone to bed for the night when he popped in just after 7.
Asked about actigall, he said regardless of whether or not you take it you will get gallstones, which is unfortunate.

I took actigal and I did NOT get gallstones. There is lots of reasearch that shows actigal works. I can't find it though now, but the data does say it works.

Doing better. Still have some pain but it's not awful. Been given the run of the place. Took a shower. Will change into PJs tonight. Tomorrow I get to have the blue dye experience.

Don, So happy you are on this side, feeling better and got a shower. Please, if you remember nothing else, remember to stay hydrated. All the best!

I think that statement SHOULD read, you will most likely get gallstones.

I didn't actually have gallstones, just a gallbladder that apparently had been borderline bad for decades.

Don, I think I saw you on one of my walks yesterday. Go us! I agree on some of the kooky things upon arrival and not understanding Ernesto. Imagine my surprise when Dr Wilhelmy walked in with a black eye! Everything else is going pretty great.
Tilly and I are in room 24, feel free to say "hey" if you want (if you don't that's okay too)

Overall feeling better, still sore. Still fighting a little heartburn. Working on getting liquids in. The change in taste is no joke. Love apple juice, loved I guess I should say, couldn't believe how unbelievably sweet it tastes now.

Overall feeling better, still sore. Still fighting a little heartburn. Working on getting liquids in. The change in taste is no joke. Love apple juice, loved I guess I should say, couldn't believe how unbelievably sweet it tastes now.

So, you need to give this some time. The change in tastes and all the changes take time to settle back in. I found my sense of smell was super heightened. It was like a super power. And things tasted more strongly, but went away.

You have to give this time. It's a long journey and the first couple weeks are well.......weird.

Got to chat with another patient last night. She's a day ahead of me. It was nice to have some more reassurance that the achiness diminishes after the drain comes out. Plus it was nice for both Tilly and I to have someone to chat with. I've said hello to the sleever that went the same day as me a couple of times and to some of the folks walking the hall but it's pretty isolated.
In less pleasant developments, I woke up this morning hungry. I'm working on a half-apple juice half-water concoction right now but I hoped that I'd be one of the people who didn't feel hungry for a few months.
Blue dye test went fine, barium swallow today.

In less pleasant developments, I woke up this morning hungry. I'm working on a half-apple juice half-water concoction right now but I hoped that I'd be one of the people who didn't feel hungry for a few months.
Blue dye test went fine, barium swallow today.
I was still hungry after mine...never had the "oh you won't be hungry" feeling EVER, even now unless it's shortly after I eat.
Glad you survived the dye test. Mine was done while still in the OR so I never had it awake.

But it sounds like you are doing great. Did cutting the apple juice with water help it some?

Latest posts

Back