Don's Freakout Palace

Don, I've found that sometimes you can upgrade as you check in when they've over sold business class. I got a first class ticket from San Fran to Saint Louis for $100 upgrade! So, keep some extra money on the credit card so you can upgrade if it's cheap!:sneaky:

Sent the deposit yesterday. Work is...weird. Boss and Boss' boss are letting my calls go to voicemail so I haven't actually spoken with anyone there. I've left messages with the dates bit so far they're doing the "if we ignore you long enough, maybe you'll go away" thing (not atypical for time off requests). I've got the FMLA/ Short term disability process rolling (our company outsources administering leave). I sent Nina the forms for my Medical leave for the doctor to fill out and I have a couple pages to sign and get fax this weekend.
Tried to get youngest daughter's Passport rolling but hit a SNAFU. She had all her stuff gathered up and headed to the Post Office, but our Post Office requires an appointment for Passport applications. So she has an appointment Monday.

I've left messages with the dates bit so far they're doing the "if we ignore you long enough, maybe you'll go away" thing (not atypical for time off requests)

I hate that kind of passive BS. you have a necessary surgery scheduled and they need to do whatever needed. :angry2:

About to pull my hair out trying to find flights. Getting to San Diego is a cinch. Getting back is a whole lotta no joy. Right now it seems like to get a nonstop flight back I'm going to have to grab a hotel in San Diego and cool my heels until Saturday afternoon. Otherwise it's going to be waddling my sore butt across an airport the weekend before Christmas to change planes. None of the travel websites make this easy either.

Bought plane tickets yesterday. Alternating between excitement and terror (mostly on the terror side). On the one hand I really wish I could just say "screw it" and go get it done tomorrow and on the other wondering if I'm making some terrible mistake and I should just forget the whole thing.

Got some protein mix in today from Amazon, mostly have been buying small or sampler sizes because with the taste changes post op it doesn't make sense to buy a big quantity of anything. Whelp, this thing is bigger than my head (and I have a giganormous head). Oops. Anyhow, my plan is to have a little bit of several different types of protein and then pick up some more once I know "the lay of the land" post op.

Work is still an enigma. I'm going to have to push the issue but being intensely conflict averse, that's challenging.

Next 2-3 weeks are going to be pretty hellish, I am still working 5 12+ hour "days" (5PM to 5-7AM), next weekend we have a meeting on Saturday 3 1/2 hours away, the following weekend I have an interview and some preemployment testing for another job I am pursuing (post switch), then at some unspecified point in the week and a half after that a polygraph test for the same job. Weekend after that is where I plan to get off caffeine and soon thereafter I'm on my liver shrinking diet, then the preop diet. Whee! 39 days of fun!

Bought plane tickets yesterday. Alternating between excitement and terror (mostly on the terror side). On the one hand I really wish I could just say "screw it" and go get it done tomorrow and on the other wondering if I'm making some terrible mistake and I should just forget the whole thing.

Got some protein mix in today from Amazon, mostly have been buying small or sampler sizes because with the taste changes post op it doesn't make sense to buy a big quantity of anything. Whelp, this thing is bigger than my head (and I have a giganormous head). Oops. Anyhow, my plan is to have a little bit of several different types of protein and then pick up some more once I know "the lay of the land" post op.

Work is still an enigma. I'm going to have to push the issue but being intensely conflict averse, that's challenging.

Next 2-3 weeks are going to be pretty hellish, I am still working 5 12+ hour "days" (5PM to 5-7AM), next weekend we have a meeting on Saturday 3 1/2 hours away, the following weekend I have an interview and some preemployment testing for another job I am pursuing (post switch), then at some unspecified point in the week and a half after that a polygraph test for the same job. Weekend after that is where I plan to get off caffeine and soon thereafter I'm on my liver shrinking diet, then the preop diet. Whee! 39 days of fun!
You got this!! :thumbsup:

I hear you, Don, I don't like conflict of any kind.

and I am sure the terror and thoughts of just forgetting it are totally normal. :5grouphug: < group hug!

Well, buttonholed boss's boss and he says we're totally cool and they are already thinking about how to cover my absence. They just neglected to mention this. Sigh. Sent the signed FMLA paperwork last weekend so I should be hearing from them any time now.
Just bought dress clothes that I will almost certainly never wear again for my interview next weekend.

Well, buttonholed boss's boss and he says we're totally cool and they are already thinking about how to cover my absence. They just neglected to mention this. Sigh. Sent the signed FMLA paperwork last weekend so I should be hearing from them any time now.
Just bought dress clothes that I will almost certainly never wear again for my interview next weekend.
Maybe keep the receipt and return them... :whistling:

Whee! 39 days of fun!

And the rest of your life being an active participant rather than an observer. Sorry about the suit. My husband has what we call his Marry 'Em/Bury 'Em. I think he's rather be tortured than to have to buy another suit.

Just finished a brisk 2 1/4 mile walk. I developed an issue some time around where I first hit 300 where my left arm and hand swell and become numb when I walk for an extended distance (usually sneaks up on me between half a mile and a mile). I had a stress test when it first happened, heart checked out, doc's answer is a shrug, my best guess is a lymph issue. Something else I hope to say goodbye to.
This is the weekend I have planned to cut off caffeine (Mexicali Bariatric wants you off Caffeine 2 weeks prior to surgery). I hope decaf counts. Right now for my morning coffee I've been mixing a scoop of chocolate flavored protein powder with a cup of whole milk then topping the cup up with Decaf (about 4 cups worth judging by the marks on the coffeepot).
Not sure how I'm going to do the liver shrinking diet next week. Greek yogurt features heavily in their meal plan such as it is. The only way I've ever been able to deal with yogurt is with oodles of added sugar and stuff to disguise it and even then it's something I have to make myself eat. I've been looking over the foods I normally eat and holy hell they have a lot of carbs. The tuna fish sandwich that is my one "real" meal in the evening is 45 grams(!). I realized that the Jerky I've been picking up isn't all that low carb (My favorites are 9-14 grams) so I switched to a variety that I don't like quite as well but that only has 2 grams.
Anyhow the plan is to try to do the initial detox from Caffeine this weekend when I'm not working and then next Friday morning when I get home start on the liver shrinking diet, Friday after that I start my liquid diet. Then 3 days later I'm on a plane to San Diego. I thought about asking for the week after next off since I imagine I am going to be pretty miserable but work is even more of a dumpster fire now.

Latest posts

Back