Don's Freakout Palace

DonRobbie

I see you compromised on the beard, there ,but looks more trimmed to my eye
Actually that's all the faster it's grown in. I'm shaving my neck still but only now had to trim back the mustache. The Chin and Neck grows really fast and thick but the sideburns are thin and slow to grow in and the mustache is somewhere in between.

I never have learned how to trim one so I've generally let it just grow until it got annoying then went after it with scissors until it was a more presentable size. I've let a couple of the hair places in town have a go at it but the results are about equivalent to said scissors. Contemplating getting one of those fancy trimmers but I'm sure all the little plastic combs, etc. will be lost in short order and I really have no clue how to use one. Had to teach myself how to shave as a kid and never picked up any of the finer points.

DonRobbie

Was any one of those a plain old fashioned barber shop?
Just mass market hair places (the JC Penny hair salon, Great Clips, etc). Usually have my head and beard trimmed when I'm taking the wife to get her hair done. There is a local barbershop but the wife would disown me if I patronized him (he literally has a loudspeaker setup on the roof of his car to blast the "good news" at innocent bystanders as he putters around town).

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Just mass market hair places (the JC Penny hair salon, Great Clips, etc). Usually have my head and beard trimmed when I'm taking the wife to get her hair done. There is a local barbershop but the wife would disown me if I patronized him (he literally has a loudspeaker setup on the roof of his car to blast the "good news" at innocent bystanders as he putters around town).
There must be more than one barbershop in town, unless it’s truly tiny. But honestly a barbershop is your best bet. Hubby gets his best haircuts/beard & mustache trims there. There is an art to being a barber.

The problem is that many of the people who work at salons are not trained barbers. They’re cosmetologists. The difference between the two can spell the difference between a dopey-looking haircut and a great one.

A barber is trained to cut with clippers, the main tool in cutting a man’s hair. Cosmetologists, on the other hand, are trained to use scissors. Their training is also geared towards catering to women’s hair.

Charris

8 months
198.8 lbs

I was getting pretty irritated with the camera on my phone before I finally got a usable shot.

Favorite pair of Goodwill shorts is too big now. THey're 36s so I knew they'd have a short shelf life. Into the suitcase of misfit clothes...

The dam broke loose yesterday. Ate lots of fat to help things along. For now the plan is I'm taking Proferrin at the end of the day (the same time as my Mag Citrate), we'll give it a week and then adjust as needed.
Im getting infusions of injectofer and all the other vitamins every week. See if a hematologist will help out with some injectofer. If you have a ppo you can make appointment and discuss it without the middle man aka your primary care dr.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
My husband goes to a salon - his hair is longish - and he’s always had good beard trims. And mustache and eyebrows too. This is one time I got a pic of him right afterwards:
Most men wear shorter hair which is typically cut with clippers not scissors. My Charles can tell a barber exactly which depth to use on his hair and on his beard. Charles has used a salon. But he has more consistent results with barbers.

DonRobbie

I seem to have found a rhythm with iron I'm taking proferrin 3 days a week (Su,Tu,Th) and DHC for the other 4. I want to work in some Calcium in the near future (right now I'm just doing a double dose of BoneUp). Bowels aren't amazing (Thursday was an 8x day, Friday a 2x) but don't seem to be getting completely locked up on the new pattern.
Beginning to wonder if all the KIND protein bars I'm living on during the week might be part of the frequent BMs. Normally I have 4-5 a day along with 4 protein shakes. Since I don't journal I've been using the bars and shakes to be sure that I am getting more than the minimum amount of protein a day. I figure roughly 150 grams from the bars and shakes which ought to at least got me to the minimum. I'm eating about 22 grams at breakfast every day (1 egg, 2 strips bacon, one protein waffle) plus about 25 from the protein powder I use to sweeten my coffee. Eat another 15 grams or so from my lunch (a Hillshire small Plates Salami and Cheddar lunchable), and about 10 grams with my bedtime/last vites of the day snack (though sometimes I don't have room for all of it). During the weekends I still eat the same breakfast but the rest of the day I stick to real food. Sometimes the wife and I go out for one meal. I'd guess during the workweek I'm getting 200 grams a day and during the weekends maybe 130 a day (I'm a lot more confident in the accuracy of the weekday amounts).
Got some new glasses. The frames are blue, usually I get brown or natural metal color.
Weight seems to have decided to drop again after convincing me once again that I was in maintenance. Starting to feel like Charlie Brown kicking a football.