Diarrhea: SIBO, C. diff or ?

I hope you are feeling better. I read this whole thread with great anticipation for your resolution.

As a pre-op DSer this thread terrifies me. :frown:

I had never heard of getting a steroid shot for diarrhea, but I haven’t pooped in 6 hours. I guess that confirms it was an inflammatory process? Still feeling a bit woozy (bp 84/48) but pushing fluids and trying to get all the meds down (even the thought of swallowing Pepto makes me gag, but I got one dose down). Had a couple of short naps today.

I bought my first package of Depends today too, just in case. :eek: I’m not washing sheets again, nor carpet. (Since our cats seem to prefer barfing on the carpet, we already have a carpet cleaning routine and supplies.)
Diane, I'm hoping that you haven't developed ulcerative colitis. When you said mucous was in your stool it sounds like my poor sister, who has had UC for years. It usually is in the colon, not the small intestine, so your DS shouldn't be involved. But, me and my spouse also had a bad stomach bug for 10 days with watery diarrhea and my PCP said it was going around. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

This was back in April and May - it finally cleared up, fortunately. After many ABX and probiotics. Probably some vicious bug that didn’t show up in cultures, and rebound SIBO that I think the Flagyl finally treated.

Diane, I'm hoping that you haven't developed ulcerative colitis. When you said mucous was in your stool it sounds like my poor sister, who has had UC for years. It usually is in the colon, not the small intestine, so your DS shouldn't be involved. But, me and my spouse also had a bad stomach bug for 10 days with watery diarrhea and my PCP said it was going around. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Thats what landed me in the hospital initially in April when I became malnourished I could not eat or drink. Then they gave me all those antibiotics for a month and I got Cdiff and end up back in the hospital weeks later. That UC is no joke.

This was back in April and May - it finally cleared up, fortunately. After many ABX and probiotics. Probably some vicious bug that didn’t show up in cultures, and rebound SIBO that I think the Flagyl finally treated.
Sorry, Diane. Well I'm glad you're all better!

Latest posts

Back