Day 5

Debbie

I am siting in my hotel bed reflecting on the l@st few days. Surgery went well and the first two days I slept a lot! They had me hooked up to my "best friend" button and I pushed it a lot! I liked Dr. Greenbaum and the hospital, all of the nurses were nice. I do think they should have a bit more interaction with the patients. More than once i got tangled in the wires and had to call them to go to the bathroom. I am 6' tall and the bed became uncomfortable and was glad to leave the hotel. My meds were already filled so I didnt have to worry about that. My only thought for these first 2 weeks is to concentrate on water and at least 30 grams of protein. I know each day will get better but would like it to come quicker. I have a lot of belching and have gone number two the past few days in a gross liquidy way! I did think about food today and,am very excited when i can eat flourless peanut butter cookies! I will end with that! God bless all of you helping us newbies!!!!

Wow, sounds like you are doing very well, considering, congratulations!

I am siting in my hotel bed reflecting on the l@st few days. Surgery went well and the first two days I slept a lot! They had me hooked up to my "best friend" button and I pushed it a lot! I liked Dr. Greenbaum and the hospital, all of the nurses were nice. I do think they should have a bit more interaction with the patients. More than once i got tangled in the wires and had to call them to go to the bathroom. I am 6' tall and the bed became uncomfortable and was glad to leave the hotel. My meds were already filled so I didnt have to worry about that. My only thought for these first 2 weeks is to concentrate on water and at least 30 grams of protein. I know each day will get better but would like it to come quicker. I have a lot of belching and have gone number two the past few days in a gross liquidy way! I did think about food today and,am very excited when i can eat flourless peanut butter cookies! I will end with that! God bless all of you helping us newbies!!!!

congratulations! take care of yourself through all the rapid changes. excited for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! For just 5 days out you are doing great. Each day will be better.

@Debbie, if/when I choose to revise to DS I am going with Dr. Greenbaum so any great details (once you aren't heavily drugged, lol) I would greatly appreciate. Life has been crazy the past couple of weeks and I think I missed most of your messages. I am glad to hear you had such a great experience. Where are you from? How long will you be in the hotel?

Thanks! And continue to do well!!!!

I am going for my one week check up tomorrow. It gets a little bit better every day. I did get in 60 grams of protein today. Still having trouble getting 64 ounces of water in, I think I am at 45 for today. I licked a piece of salt off of my husbands fresh New Jersey Pretzel and that tasted good. Sugar free jello tastes gross! My recovery ,might be slower than some due to my RA but am looking forw ard to any improvement I have. Walking is still a problem but it was before surgery too so I will be patient and thankfull I can go to the bathroom myself and get up and down out of bed by myself. My PCOS ,might be getting better as I got my friend the day after surgery & over the last two years have only had it only 6 times! I am rambling and should lay down so goodnight!

Latest posts

Back