Current list of known RNY to DS surgeons

Yes I had a Lap Band to DS revision with Dr Inman, I know she does the revisions to DS, I believe RNY to DS revision also, but I am not positive. You could call her office and ask specifically if she does the RNY to DS revision and how many she has done. She is very willing to give you her number of surgeries.

He has had some serious complications and then stopped doing the RNY to DS in many cases, and pushing ERNY instead. I base my side-eye about that on the fact that Rabkin and Keshishian don't ever do that - they revise to DS, period, in almost EVERY case.

I met with him last week and he agreed to do r n y to DS. I altered some of his paperwork to clearly state DS only. Obviously I have yet to sign consent form but will alter to be clear I want DS only. Should I be worried?

Sorry about the italics and underlying. Don't know why it's doing that. Thanks for your thoughts.

I would be very very VERY specific with him. If he opens you up and doubts he can do a proper sleeve on you, he should be instructed to STOP and back out and you'll find someone else.

Saw this on OH posted by Majormom:
I had your basic DS with him and have heard him speak about the RNY to DS op. He will give you 2 options when you talk to him: 1) a distal RNY, which is less risky for leaks, or 2) a DS after restoring your pouch and creating a sleeve. He will do whichever you want but he will give you options, ultimately it's your decision.

So added him to the list on first page.

This is from Dr. marchesini today

"I don't do RNY to DS anymore due to high incidence of leakage.
If you are interested in RNY to BPD or RNY to Distal RNY I will be glad to help you.
Get in touch with me through jbmarchesini and he said his email.

@DianaCox are you just concerned with RNY to DS revisions with Greenbaum or in general needing to be specific with what you get? Do you feel/know he has more complications than other vetted surgeons? I would be a VSG to DS revision. Thanks for the info!

Sorry. No I would like any info on any veteran surgeons for conversion to Ds from RNY. And I am understanding you saying greenbaum has concerns.

@southernlady I live in NC and i see that you mentioned a surgeon in VA. Do you have any information on him in regards to his reputation....VA is not that far from NC in the event I have to change my surgeon.

Dr. Elariny is an excellent surgeon. I don't know anything about revisions, though. I had my DS (plus umbilical hernia repair and gall bladder removal) in April and I'm doing pretty well, with no complications.

Latest posts

Back