Creon, dammit.

Spiky Bugger

No, I have NOT lost too much weight.

BUT, my IBS-D is almost relentless, relenting only when I take Flagyl. Trouble is, taking an antibiotic every damned day, forever, is a not-good plan, especially for those of us who go directly to oral, vaginal, and other “yeast infections.”

I can titrate from the usual 500mg, tid down to about 250mg, tid...and then any lower, I’m screwed.

I wonder how much weight I’ll gain.
OTOH, I wonder if I’ll be able to eat a few things I’ve had to avoid.

Reactions: aaa

hilary1617

First time at the rodeo.
Word to the wise, if the Creon leads to burning tailfeathers, talk to your doctor about adding Welchol or similar to the mix...

RainCity

I have steatorrhea; my UCLA gastroenterologist diagnosed it after numerous tests and prescribed Creon a few days ago. I’m nervous to take it because I don’t want to gain weight and I’m concerned about its numerous side effects. My stinky oily poos are not as bad recently; not sure why this has changed as this has been a big issue for the last 8-10 months. Reminder, I had gastric bypass in April 2017 and have been a patient of Dr K’s since 2018 (including surgery in July 2018) for other abdominal/esophageal issues. I need to consult with him again as the last time I saw him he said to find a GI to do a colonoscopy and other tests to assess my bowel incontinence and loose stool issues. What have others experiences been with Creon?

Note that I don’t have IBS or Crohn’s; co;onoscopy was clear/free of polyps; and pancreas/gallbladder/liver appear fine after various ultrasounds.

Spiky Bugger

Creon, dammit. | Bariatric Facts
I have steatorrhea; my UCLA gastroenterologist diagnosed it after numerous tests and prescribed Creon a few days ago. I’m nervous to take it because I don’t want to gain weight and I’m concerned about its numerous side effects. My stinky oily poos are not as bad recently; not sure why this has changed as this has been a big issue for the last 8-10 months. Reminder, I had gastric bypass in April 2017 and have been a patient of Dr K’s since 2018 (including surgery in July 2018) for other abdominal/esophageal issues. I need to consult with him again as the last time I saw him he said to find a GI to do a colonoscopy and other tests to assess my bowel incontinence and loose stool issues. What have others experiences been with Creon?

Note that I don’t have IBS or Crohn’s; co;onoscopy was clear/free of polyps; and pancreas/gallbladder/liver appear fine after various ultrasounds.
There is a GI doctor in Glendale who is familiar with the DS and Keshishian. (They, plus my urologist, make up the Armenian Triumvirate that keeps me alive.)

Zaree Babakhanian

Address: 1809 Verdugo Blvd, Unit 205, Glendale, CA 91208, United States
Phone: +1 818 790 5914

(The Pasadena contact info is old.)