Coronavirus

Is Texas the south? I learned ramps from a cooking show a few years ago and more recently a YouTube channel that foraged for mushrooms and ramps.
The south claims Texas, yet I've found that some Texans still think they are an independent country. Ramps are native to the eastern mountain areas.

never heard about this, what do you think is going on?
All I know is my husbands' office was told by all suppliers that masks are being rationed. IDK if that means hospitals, too? And due to federal guidelines, they cannot wear washable ones.

My 2 year was in the hospital in January for pneumonia and the nurses said that the flu, rsv, upper respiratory viruses, croup etc has been hitting harder this year that they have seen in previous years. All the nurses and the doctors wore masks when they came in the room and the baby had to wear one if she left the room. It was a lot of masking going on.

My 2 year was in the hospital in January for pneumonia and the nurses said that the flu, rsv, upper respiratory viruses, croup etc has been hitting harder this year that they have seen in previous years. All the nurses and the doctors wore masks when they came in the room and the baby had to wear one if she left the room. It was a lot of masking going on.

We got an “I need backup” call from the daddy at 9:09 am. The almost-ten-year-old was in the nurse’s office; could we go get her? Of course we could, and did. Low grade fever, raspy voice, coughing.

We brought her home. I assumed my take-pressure-off-spine horizontal position on the sofa. She crawled up on the same sofa...it’s kinda long...her head in just the right location so I could put my arm around her and we could cuddle and watch something dumb on tv.

Shortly, I will acquire a severe version of whatever it is, develop pneumonia, spend a week in isolation in the hospital and maybe die. (Cuddling triumphs over masks.)

It’s going around.

Oh no! I hope the littles feel better soon and the flu shots keep it away from the adults who cuddle them.

This season's flu made it around the memory care center where we just moved my dad with devastating effect. Sadly, he was on a wait list because they were at full capacity and the flu is how his room became available.

On the coronavirus front, one of my friends is snowboarding in Contamines-Montjoie this week. Here's to hoping her room was disinfected properly if it was previously occupied by a patient!

Well because she had pneumonia I went to the doctor as soon as my symptoms went from allergies to a terrible cough and we caught it with antibiotics and a steroid shot. We all had flu shots and she had the pneumonia vaccine but it was for a different type and her's was bacterial. I hope everyone can stay healthy!

Well because she had pneumonia I went to the doctor as soon as my symptoms went from allergies to a terrible cough and we caught it with antibiotics and a steroid shot. We all had flu shots and she had the pneumonia vaccine but it was for a different type and her's was bacterial. I hope everyone can stay healthy!
I’m so glad she recovered promptly.

I was just rereading some of these. Jim Henson (of The Muppets), Elizabeth Taylor and I all got pneumonia at the same time. Two of us made the news. One died, but technically, not from the pneumonia. One carried on, as rich and glamorous as ever. I’m the other one.

There are different kinds of pneumonia. Mine was mycoplasma pneumoniae, aka “Walking Pneumonia,” which is a challenge to treat because the cells have no walls, making the usual approach to killing off a bacteria more difficult. It’s supposed to be pretty survivable, but I tend to do things my way. I ended up doing a week in-patient, in my very own private room, went home with oxygen tanks…which I needed for another month or two, and four months on steroids and off work on disability.

At the time, I decided that this was probably how I would eventually die and, all things considered, it was not the worst way to go. During the acute stages, everything was “foggy,” which was frustrating. I was able to put a thought together, but with so little oxygen available for the thought process, it was almost impossible to express that thought orally in anything that resembled a sentence. And most of the time, I just “napped” anyway. Except for every night when the bad nurse did her share of my twice-a-day arterial-blood gas (ABG) testing and had to find yet another way to smash into my radial artery, night after night.

I guess I’m sharing this to let people know that while all these deaths from COVID-19 are a damned shame and many might have been prevented, there are—as I mentioned—worse ways to go. I’m 73, have a number of underlying conditions, and prefer—at least right now—to be alive. But I've lived through a lot of painful things and…if I have to die in the very near future…my death via COVID-19 will probably be harder on my loved ones than on me.

Meanwhile, kitchen painting continues today, flooring goes in tomorrow, then a LONG two week wait for cabinets. (I’ll check to see if that can be expedited, because given the exponential growth of the virus, sooner is probably safer than later because fewer installers have already been exposed and later, more will have been exposed.)

I guess I’m sharing this to let people know that while all these deaths from COVID-19 are a damned shame and many might have been prevented, there are—as I mentioned—worse ways to go. I’m 73, have a number of underlying conditions, and prefer—at least right now—to be alive. But I've lived through a lot of painful things and…if I have to die in the very near future…my death via COVID-19 will probably be harder on my loved ones than on me.

wise words, as always
:5grouphug:

Latest posts

Back