Coronavirus Thread

Hi all!

I know I've been MIA. Sorry, just super busy, but wanted to see how my DS buddies are handling this.

I thought I would share some joy from the Rotterdams Philharmonisch Orkest.

From us, for you. We’re adjusting to a new reality and we’ll have to find solutions in order to support each other. Creative forces help us, let’s think outside of the box and use innovation to keep our connection and make it work, together. Because if we do it together, we’ll succeed.

Be safe and well all. Miss ya!

just like war, a pandemic brings out the best and the worst in people.

but it's so scary all this waiting to see how bad it's going to get. will every city look like New York soon?
will social distancing slow it down? I hope so! meanwhile, we wait.

I go back & forth on being grateful I have some work (this weekend I had ZERO plans and the lack of structure is really bad for me) and worried about working when it's safer to stay home.

up until last Thursday I was working at two buildings. it's because I was told to, but if I ended up spreading it I'm going to feel awful about that.

or I might be blamed when people in the second facility test positive regardless of whose fault it is, I don't know. it's a horrible feeling. everyone in therapy was at both buildings in the last couple weeks but I can see them only remembering it was me after what people said on Friday.

:confused:

I have been trying to make myself do my taxes and finally, last night in bed, I though what if I get sick!! really not going to want to do them then!

so I will do them this morning and go to work this afternoon.

Hi all!

I know I've been MIA. Sorry, just super busy, but wanted to see how my DS buddies are handling this.

I thought I would share some joy from the Rotterdams Philharmonisch Orkest.

From us, for you. We’re adjusting to a new reality and we’ll have to find solutions in order to support each other. Creative forces help us, let’s think outside of the box and use innovation to keep our connection and make it work, together. Because if we do it together, we’ll succeed.

Be safe and well all. Miss ya!

After we discussed how our kids are handling this, my sister and I said our good-byes today...just in case.

Me: You know, the family members—while dealing with the death of their loved one—seem to be more troubled by not being able to say “good-bye” or “I love you” that last time.
Sis: I noticed that, too.
Me: So, I’m sorry I wouldn’t stop playing to help you cross the street (she wet her pants...we were maybe three, four or five) and I’m sorry my half of our room was a disaster and that I put my rain boots in the closet without checking them and there was that tuna sandwich in there.
She: Hey! You made up for it when you didn’t tell Mom I came home from the park drunk and when you told me WHERE to insert the tampon.
Me: And…I almost died w/a respiratory illness, so don’t worry about my suffering...it’s hard to experience anything with no oxygen. Just keep my Dilaudid coming.
Sis: Will do.
Me: And good-bye.
Sis: Yes. Good-bye.

Last edited:
I should email my brother. the one that will respond if I initiate, not the other one.

thanks, SB

LAW ENFORCEMENT IN THE DAYS OF COVID-19
I know someone who knows someone who was the 911 operator on this call:

It was an ADW (assault with a deadly weapon, with a wrench, with a vehicle, so two “Code Three” calls) Vehicle, Domestic Violence, Restraining Order Violation, Ambulance Traffic. Code 3 x 3.

Caller: My brother’s crazy ex is hitting my brother with a tire wrench, he has a restraining order against her, now she’s trying to run him over with her car, she’s driving away, dang, she just got into an accident with another car.

Operator: Does she have the corona virus? Is she coughing?

https://sfist.com/2020/03/30/super-...avirus-is-airborne-without-coughs-or-sneezes/

In light of the fact, it may be airborne, simple masks may help if not sick, just for the times being out in public may be in order.

And I wish I had a way to make some.

Liz, you can make okay disposable masks without sewing, if you can get some sterilization wrap and make it cover your nostrils and mouth without gapping. Cut rectangles of wrap and attach fasteners to the corners - can use headbands and hair elastics and safety pins or pin to a bandana/scarf. Won't be pretty and won't have the great seal of an n95 mask, but will be better than nothing. The sterilization wrap has excellent filtration properties. Please see linked article.

https://m.ufhealth.org/news/2020/uf...9CZACcm_zO0f-nfOxMilvyEPQmUjBDqoIY9dsvIu3pmuY

Liz, you can make okay disposable masks without sewing, if you can get some sterilization wrap and make it cover your nostrils and mouth without gapping. Cut rectangles of wrap and attach fasteners to the corners - can use headbands and hair elastics and safety pins or pin to a bandana/scarf. Won't be pretty and won't have the great seal of an n95 mask, but will be better than nothing. The sterilization wrap has excellent filtration properties. Please see linked article.

https://m.ufhealth.org/news/2020/uf...9CZACcm_zO0f-nfOxMilvyEPQmUjBDqoIY9dsvIu3pmuY
We managed to find decent ones on Amazon without spending a bloody fortune. The ones I found aren’t n95 but are three layers, cloth, and washable. I know they won’t stop the virus but maybe they will help, along with staying at home and washing hands.

Liz, I sent you some pics. The pattern calls for 4 pieces, and the instructions are in a video from the man with the contract, so I cannot send that. I hope the pics are self explanatory, to those who sew.

I grew up sewing Barbie clothes, which had a 1/8" seam. Very steep learning curve, sewed thru my finger once. Hee hee, now I keep a rubber gripper close by, and the needle-release screw driver out. It sucks to have to search for shit one-handed.....

Latest posts

Back