Coronavirus Thread

My impressions that those of us who are at particular risk - really, ANY of us - should aim to get this seemingly inevitable infection as far in the future as possible, while the doctors and scientists come up with the best treatments, both drug and other treatments (like how best to maintain oxygen levels without ventilators, which seem to be terrible deals with the devil), and eventually the vaccine. But assume getting it is inevitable.

In the meantime, the inaccuracy, inconsistency and inadequacy in testing is turning into a nightmare. Who are actively infected? Who are asymptomatic and shedding virus? When is a sick person no longer shedding virus? Who are actually dying from it, and what are their medical histories? People who die without being tested need samples to be drawn so they can be tested eventually! Are people who have recovered immune? If so, for how long?

And don’t get me started on the Emergency Use Authorizations from the FDA of unvalidated antibody tests! They are worse than useless! False negatives and positives abound. They are too unreliable to trust as indicia of immunity!

I've got a slight fever - just 100.7, headache, some GI issues, and a bit more allergy symptoms than normal. Under usual circumstances I would pop an Advil and go about my business. Today, I've banned Charles and the kids from my bedroom and bath. Am I paranoid? Probably. Ugh.

I've got a slight fever - just 100.7, headache, some GI issues, and a bit more allergy symptoms than normal. Under usual circumstances I would pop an Advil and go about my business. Today, I've banned Charles and the kids from my bedroom and bath. Am I paranoid? Probably. Ugh.
I think you're being sensible. It's damned near impossible NOT to be paranoid. Diana has voiced concerns for all of us above.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back