Concerns about Dr K's record

Hi Charris, how nice of you to ask. It went excellent. I could not have asked for a more thorough consultation! My only hesitation is traveling across country from Massachusetts to California for the surgery and coming home on such a long flight, post surgery. I am no spring chicken.

So, I traveled home from Mexico to the Bay Area after my surgery. While I can't say it was the best flight of my life, I did spurge for a first class seat and it was fine. My approach would be to get a first class seat (or business class) on a redeye and sleep most of the way. If you don't like the red eye approach, I would take the 3:00 flight out of LA and you get in at 11:00 ish. You will mostly likely sleep most of the way and then, get home and sleep through the night.

Flying really was not that bad.....

I'm actually thinking of Greenbaum at this point to avoid the trip to California to Dr K. But, just called his office today to see if they game my insurance. Did you consult with him?

Yes, I did and I liked him very much. He is very personable and many people have given positive feedback about their surgery experiences with him. Greenbaum is selective about the RNY to DS revision cases he accepts, unlike Dr. K., who seems to take on more risk. The trip to Calif was challenging but even more so because I had serious complications and had to return to CA about 3 weeks after surgery. The long flight, long drive to the office, not feeling well, and of course, the added expense of another trip was hard.

Latest posts

Back