conceit--update

Munchkin Oh thank you so much for above post. I'll respond in a bit. Just wanted to let folks know that Dr. M has not retired! So if anyone is looking for more self pay options for international travel, the brilliant Dr. Marchesini is still working. So lucky for us :) And he does the true DS too, which is such a relief.
If I recall correctly both he and Dr. Baltasar stopped getting a lot of US patients when the dollar went down. Glad to hear he is not retired!

Glad to see you back, and feel you are doing what's best for the t2. I was only pre-diabetic before my DS, but all symptoms resolved, and still resolved over 10 years out.
You sound well informed about this, and are going to do well.

Gagner was gung-ho about "variant" DSs - you need to be REALLY REALLY particular with him about which surgery you want. But he's a good cutter.

He certainly mentioned it in the consult as an option, but when I was adamant that I wanted the proper, two anastomoses DS and had done my homework, he was more than happy to do it. Op report bears out that it was the DS. But I had come here first and done my homework, so I felt well equipped to advocate for myself.

p.s. thankfully my cholesterol is only slightly elevated at 3.6. it's partly also from my thyroid condition. but i do have a family history hyperlipidemia and coronary artery disease. so the DS will most likely prevent hyperlipidemia too.

harrietvane

Heyy, I read you were in Singapore. :) I was so curious to know how you got your vites there. Do you order them all from Vitalady? What are the import duties like? What is DS eating like foryou, in Asia?

I plan on traveling to South Asia and may work there for a few months in the next year or two. I was really interested in hearing more on DS living abroad.

Lastly, would you guys tell me your cc lengths please? Thanks!

Last edited:
vent: i m disgusted with facebook.
blocked my previous account, so i made a new one. verified mobile no. and then asked for my picture, which i uploaded. then locked me out again saying they'll review it and i can't use my account until then. i was really reluctant to give up my phone number, but i did it because they keep locking me out. and apparently even that isn't enough. this aggravates me. i am really over this hyper monitoring bullshit.

do i need to try again or would i be all right connecting with folks on BF here?

vent: i m disgusted with facebook.
blocked my previous account, so i made a new one. verified mobile no. and then asked for my picture, which i uploaded. then locked me out again saying they'll review it and i can't use my account until then. i was really reluctant to give up my phone number, but i did it because they keep locking me out. and apparently even that isn't enough. this aggravates me. i am really over this hyper monitoring bullshit.

do i need to try again or would i be all right connecting with folks on BF here?
You’re fine connecting here.

Here's a very important thing to remember. They don't give an IQ test as a qualification for the DS. I know you would pass, btw. A lot of the people in those horror stories caused their own problems. Keep that in mind always! I wonder how some of them manage to dress themselves.

The people here are bright and I can say you are not missing much not being on the FB groups.

Heyy, I read you were in Singapore. :) I was so curious to know how you got your vites there. Do you order them all from Vitalady? What are the import duties like? What is DS eating like foryou, in Asia?

I plan on traveling to South Asia and may work there for a few months in the next year or two. I was really interested in hearing more on DS living abroad.

Lastly, would you guys tell me your cc lengths please? Thanks!

When I was in SG, I used iHerb.com for most of my purchases, and things like Centrum I just got from the local shop. I am now travelling Europe indefinitely - they're definitely a pain keeping a huge supply in my suitcase, so I am planning to move to smaller, more frequent purchases.

Eating low carb in Asia can be tough - everything is rice or noodle based (or green vegetables, which don't agree with me). That said, there's plenty of meat options, and tempeh or tofu are protein options as well. I used to just order everything with 'less rice' (people don't understand ordering NO rice - it's not a meal till rice is on your plate). Usual standby items like cheese are expensive, though. (Definitely something I've been enjoying here in Germany!)

hi all,

heard from the neuro today and turns out i have some white spots on my mri. she said it was likely from hyperlipidemia and diabetes. now i haven't had diabetes for long at all ..well unless we could the pre-diabetes which should be counted now that i think about it. my cholesterol is borderline high. i am only 30. it's really unnerving to hear there are changes in my brain. she'll be doing an mri with contrast next time to check out a spot that's close to a ventricle. she doesn't suspect this is m.s. and thinks it's from micro vascular damage caused by high cholesterol and diabetes, neither of which is severe in my case at this point in time anyway. so i don't know. there's no clear answer on what caused these. i am just tired of getting troubling news these last two months.

this makes getting the DS all the more urgent. but i am wondering if i need to wait until the results of the mri with contrast, though. my gp is away until the end of november and the mri won't be scheduled before 4 weeks i was told. i will also be discussing this with my ds surgeon. folks who are into prayers or even just keeping me in their thoughts and sending me good wishes, please do so. i could really use it.

please don't quote [as in forum formatting wise] this post, asi may edit later for privacy reasons.

DianaCox so far it's just assumptions (diabetes caused it and/or cholesterol or migraines or something else but maybe not MS- according to neuro). no diagnosis was made yet, and i am hoping one will be made after the MRI with contrast is done. that way i'll have more information on whether a DS would be contraindicated. it seems very unlikely though, but this is my decidedly lay person opinion (and hope).

Latest posts

Back